need Info On Costa Cruise

lennel

We have never been on Costa, We have done NCl, RCI, Carnival and princess, We prefer a younger crowd althoug I am 50 and My wife is 48, We like the club scene at Night, We dont want a ship that everyone goes to bed at 10 pm. We are debating taking the costa magica for the 9/17 or 9/24 cruise with me visiting family first in Italy b4 the cruise. Is the Food good? I am not picky. is it on par with RC? Buffets etc.. Any help would be appreciated, And time is of the essence as we have to book this by tommorow. Thanks:)

Keep in mind that you'll be on an Italian ship that does things Italian style. If you have family in Italy then you're probably familiar with the customs and life style and it's definitely not like the USA or "Italian" life or food there. Costa will probably be less of a "party" ship from what you're used to and while there will be all ages aboard the majority of the passengers will be German and Italian retirees with a fair number of French, Spanish, etc. but relatively few English speakers. There will be music and dancing well into the night but you'll probably find that things calm down after 11 pm, aside from the disco which goes on until 1 or so. Returning to food, it will be Italy Italian and while it's quite good in the MDR, the self-service buffet on all the ships get a lot of negative comments. Go with an open mind and you'll enjoy your cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

We are going to take Costa for the first time soon, and from what I've heard the people on Costa are younger.

But also more european of course, and they don't have the same politeness as americans/british have.

But as long you're prepared for the differences in style, you'll be fine ;)

Archived