Need New Booking Advice From Those In The Know!

CruzinPat

Received a good price quote on an Emerald Princess cruise in November from a TA for a new booking only late yesterday. It's Sunday and they aren't open and a cabin I really want just opened up! Is there anyway I can purchase or hold this cabin now, using 2 FCCs and still get the good price from the TA tomorrow so I can get this cabin before it's gone?

Thanks for all the guidance! Don't normally use a TA so this is taking a big leap in faith for me. Usually book directly with cruiseline but this time too much difference in pricing and after final payment...wish me luck!

with my ta, i can book directly with princess on a sunday and then she will take over the booking when she is in the office monday, at her price.

Book it with Princess and turn it over to a TA tomorrow.

Poster did not say when in November the cruise is, but if it is before November 12, final payment is due immediately and it will be too late to turn over to a travel agent tomorrow.

Yes it is after final payment sailing is 11/8. I called Princess and asked for a hold for the cabin. They gave me a booking number even though I made it clear just to hold the cabin...don't know if this is routine so we'll see how it goes on Monday with the TA!

Yes it is after final payment sailing is 11/8. I called Princess and asked for a hold for the cabin. They gave me a booking number even though I made it clear just to hold the cabin...don't know if this is routine so we'll see how it goes on Monday with the TA!

Yes, it's normal to get a booking number with a hold. Just provide that number to your TA.

Thanks for clarifying that holding a cabin gets put through the system as a booking. The princess rep took it upon himself to put on insurance and transfers even though I said I didn't want them! I'm thinking they can be removed on Monday when I confirm and pay for the reservation through a TA.

Thanks for all the guidance! Don't normally use a TA so this is taking a big leap in faith for me. Usually book directly with cruiseline but this time too much difference in pricing and after final payment...wish me luck!

You'll be saving $$$ on EVERY cruise if you book with a TA instead of Princess!!!

FWIW: Using the Princess web site I have found that certain prime location cabins were marked on the Princess web site as not being available yet my T.A. was able to easily book them for me using her Princess Polar system. This has happened to me more than once.

When the public looks for cabins on the Princess site or any TA site, only a maximum of six shows when more than this number are available in that category.

You can use the cabin request feature on the Princess booking page to see if certain cabins that are not showing are actually available. Be warned that once you or someone else does this or selects a cabin that shows as available it takes that cabin out of the available list for a short period of time even if the booking inquiry goes no further. If you immediately enter the same cabin you just checked out as being available, it will now show as not available.

With our current Emerald booking I used the request feature to determine that 31 cabins were available in the category we now have and I selected our current cabin using that information. I agree a TA can see the current status of all cabins.

This is helpful when looking for another cabin to change to from an assigned one if you have booked an guarantee or with some online discount cruise booking sites that only offer online booking.

Ok...I think it worked! Have the cabin and price I wanted but I have 2 different cabins on the same sailing showing up in my princess account right now! Maybe it just takes a little time for the TA to get it straightened out with the princess booking and FCCs so I'll keep checking. Thanks for all the good information everyone!

Ok...I think it worked! Have the cabin and price I wanted but I have 2 different cabins on the same sailing showing up in my princess account right now! Maybe it just takes a little time for the TA to get it straightened out with the princess booking and FCCs so I'll keep checking. Thanks for all the good information everyone!

The one where you paid no deposit will fall off.

Yep, it did! Now I just need to get an invoice/receipt from the TA showing the cruise fare details and OBC applied. Is there a way to see the cruise fare details or the FCC OBC on my princess?

No. Once you turn it over to a TA, they have to send you the info. It should be on the invoice and if it's not, call them stat.

Archived