Wow, The Pride Is WAY Behind Schedule!

StillPooh

My sister's house in Annapolis is right on the bay. She just told me that Pride's on her way in to Baltimore. That's about 12 hours behind schedule (since it's another 2 hours from the Bay Bridge to the harbor).

Wonder if they'll turn her around tonight, or wait till morning?

But she said the ship was headed IN to Baltimore, not out. :confused:

The coast guard sent her to another port near there for debark d/t to the storm. Then she comes back to her homeport tonight.

Per Carnivals homepage:

The Carnival Pride was directed by the US Coast Guard to arrive early from the previous cruise and is now at a secure, alternate location awaiting approval to proceed to the Baltimore cruise terminal. Embarkation is scheduled for Monday, August 29th from 10am to 2pm

It left yesterday - after passengers got off - and went out to sea to weather the storm. It is headed IN to Baltimore now to pick up the guests that will be on the 6 day cruise that leaves tomorrow.

John Heald has a couple of fb posts from the CD - on his page.

Yup she is on the way back in but Just with crew! according to what I read from Carnival(I maybe wrong:eek:) the Pride came in SAT., debarked passengers & went back out to a safer area with just crew to ride out Irene & coming back into Baltimore to pick up the new passengers on the modified 6 day cruise that starts MON.!

I figured it out, after reading the roll call. :o I guess given the expected magnitude of the storm, Carnival couldn't really leave the ship in the harbor.

Hope everybody has a great time, even if it is a little shorter than usual!

So....wonder how that would have worked if you had a B2B booked for those two cruises.

:confused:

Those people would be enjoying a couple nights in Baltimore. I am curious though if Carnival would have paid for that

Saturday I saw the Pride on the Marine Traffic website. It looked like she rode out the hurricane in the bay near Chesapeake Beach MD. My electricity went out, so I wasn't able to check her location yesterday.

Just checked marinetraffic.com and couldn't find her. But here's her modified schedule:

Day Port of Call Arrive Depart

Mon Baltimore, MD 10:00 AM 2:00 PM

Tue Fun Day @ Sea

Wed Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL 10:00 AM 7:00 PM

Thu Nassau, The Bahamas 1 1:00 AM 10:00 PM

Fri Freeport, The Bahamas 7:00 AM 2:00 PM

Sat Fun Day @ Sea

Sun Baltimore, MD 9:00 AM

Archived