Question: Traditional dining Coral NB Alaska

MickeyandLV

I have a question about traditional dining on Coral Northbound Alaska. Princess website says that traditional early dining is at 6pm. When I looked at Patters from another northbound on Coral this summer, it says that early dining is at 5:30pm. When I asked Princess, they say it is 6:00pm. Does anyone know for sure what time is early traditional dining? One of our excursions does not get back until 5:45pm and there seems to be many things going on at 5:30pm other days.

If we want to change to anytime, should we do it now or change it on the ship when we get there? My parents finally got confirmed for traditional with us, so now we have to decide what to do. They were wait-listed so we were just going to change to match them.

I asked on my roll call and did not get any response.

I have a question about traditional dining on Coral Northbound Alaska. Princess website says that traditional early dining is at 6pm. When I looked at Patters from another northbound on Coral this summer, it says that early dining is at 5:30pm. When I asked Princess, they say it is 6:00pm. Does anyone know for sure what time is early traditional dining? One of our excursions does not get back until 5:45pm and there seems to be many things going on at 5:30pm other days.

If we want to change to anytime, should we do it now or change it on the ship when we get there? My parents finally got confirmed for traditional with us, so now we have to decide what to do. They were wait-listed so we were just going to change to match them.

If you want to change to anytime, do it when you board. They will love you, because early traditional is always sold out.

When I sailed on the Coral, her TD times were earlier than I've experienced on other ships: early was 5:45, I think, and our late seating was 7:45 instead of 8 or 8:15. I've read similar reports from her in others' reviews, so it's something about that ship. Therefore, if it were me, I'd operate under the assumption that early TD will in fact be earlier than 6, and make a tentative decision now about what you'll do, then, as as Pia says, you can switch once you board and see the times for sure.

Paul, I don't think the ships with only one Anytime dining room have the extra Traditional dining time, although I could be wrong.

If the actual dining time on the ship matches what is shown on your booking before the cruise, it is a coincidence.

They seem to always indicate 6 PM or 8:15 PM and only when you embark will you find out the actual time.

The new added early dining time may be accurate, but not the 6 PM or 8:15 PM times.

Thank you all for your answers. I talked to my family yesterday and it looks like we will change to anytime when we get on the ship.

When we went to Alaska last time, it seemed like we were always in the dinning room when there was so much to see outside. We also had a terrible waiter that made us wait for the next table to finish before he would bring us our food. We spent too much time just sitting there the two of us while the table next to us drank and drank and talked and talked. Our waiter in New England was great because she got us out of the dining room so we could enjoy what was going on outside.

Thank you all for your answers. I talked to my family yesterday and it looks like we will change to anytime when we get on the ship.

If you call Princess or your travel agent and change it now (assuming your cruise is at least a week away), then your traditional spots can be given to people on the wait list.

We are just off the Coral Princess and early traditional is 5:30 PM, but they continued to seat people right up until 6:00 if they were late. We LOVED the early time as we were able to go to ALL the shows and activites and talked to many people who had the later time and missed all of them! Most people we talked to did not like anytime dining - but understand that is just hearsay! We have never done it!

Hi Gwen! I opted for anytime dining on the Coral last week and would do it again. Only had to wait once for dinner and that was a 10 minute wait while I listened to the fantastic Hungarian trio. MDR food was good and service excellent.

Norris

back in Chicago and not a glacier in sight :-(

Hi Gwen! I opted for anytime dining on the Coral last week and would do it again. Only had to wait once for dinner and that was a 10 minute wait while I listened to the fantastic Hungarian trio. MDR food was good and service excellent.

Norris

back in Chicago and not a glacier in sight :-(

Norris,

Did you just walk up for anytime dining or make "reservations"? Some people have talked about making reservations for anytime dining. If there is a wait for a seat in anytime does Princess have pagers to tell you when a table is ready?

Connie

Hmmmm.....we are going on the Coral southbound from Whittier next month and our dining time is early traditional with a time of 5:15!! I can't believe how early it is. I sure hope it is 5:45 or that we can show up at 5:45. Then again, maybe I won't eat so much since I will still be full from lunch :)

I think the Coral/Island have two dining rooms assigned for traditional

One starts at 5:30/8:00 and the other at 6:15/8:30 . This what i remeber

we we cruised the Canal and Alaska .

Archived