Can you help me????

I have some questions that I hope you experienced cruisers can answer:

1. What are the "alternative restaurants", what are they like, do you need reservations, cost?

2. What do you need to sign up for early or get in line for right away? i.e. how do you get tickets to ice show on Mariner?

3. Do they have movies on board Mariner?

4. If you have late dining, do you have trouble getting seat at evening show?

5. Are sodas free at sit down meals such as dinner? Any other meals?

6. Any tips on things not to miss on the Mariner--- shows, meals, experiences, things to do, etc.?

Thanks,

Barb

Portofinos (italian) and Chops (steak) are the two alternative restaurants. $20/pp. Also, Johnny Rockets (hamburgers/dogs/fries) ($3.95/pp).

Sodas are never free.

I've read it's a good idea to sign up for Spa treatments early.

That's all I know, and I haven't even been on an RCI ship yet! :)

1) Yes you usually need reservations. The cost is about $20 extra PP. I didn't use Portofino on the AOS so I can't talk specifically about them.

2) Check your Cruise Compass....you will need to pick up free tickets to the ice show as seating is limited. It is worth it! ALso, the lines for formal portraits can be long....I suggest getting there as early as possible before your seating. (we skipped these so I don't know how far they start ahead of the dinner times.)

Some spa times can book up fast too.

3) Not sure but probably. I think they also showed some on the in-cabin tv.

4) We didn't have a problem...we got there about 20 minutes ahead, got a seat and got a drink!

5) No unfortunately. Unless you buy the sticker thing then I guess they are. We drank just iced tea, juice, lemonade etc. Had only like 3 sodas the whole week.

6) Again, we were on AOS but I suggest seeing the ice show. How they can skate on a moving ship is amazing. The other shows will be entertaining. I would see as many as you can. Just check the compass (left in your cabin each night) for important info like times and stuff.

You can't do it all.....take a highlighter if you wish so you won't miss anything! We did a lot and still missed stuff! Have at least 1 breakfast in the dining room......much less crowded than the buffet.

IF you are a new crusier or the ports are not familiar, at least watch the port talk tape on the TV. While our shopper gal was very high energy she did have some good pointers. I bought the coupon book and really had fun getting all the free stuff. Let me know if you have any other questions. Again, I can't provide specific mariner info but if you have any other general questions, fire away.

Hello Barb...welcome! :)

I can answer a few of your questions...

Ice show tickets are free and there will be an announcments for where to get them, only 1 person from your party will need to go for them.

Soda's are not free at dinner. They will charge you sea pass, unless you have the soda card.....a pre paid unlimited amount of soda (bar soda, not canned) for the entire cruise. Iced tea, hot tea, coffee are free in the dining room.

You should have no problem getting seats at any of the shows. You will go to the evening shows while the main seating passengers are at dinner, then they will go to the show while you are dining.

Hope this helps.....have fun on your cruise! :)

Thanks for all the information. This will be our first RCI cruise; we have done 7 disney cruises, but the Magic will be in california this summer and we had to cancel our easter cruise on disney due to my son's broken leg. So it is all new to us on the Mariner, but we are looking forward to seeing the differences.

Barb

Hi Barb! Welcome. I can't answer all your questions as i am new to cruising as well, but I have looked into the soda thing and can answer that. Cokes are not free at dinner unless you have purchased the soda card.

Hope this helps and hope you enjoy your *Journey*.

Archived