QM2 cabin # 8128

theduffys

This is the cabin we have been assigned for our T/A crossings in Oct. 2012. Looking at the deck plan I see that it is the last premium balcony on the port side. I have no problem being so far aft and like the fact that the laundy room is close and, the cabin "appears" to be slightly larger (at least on the plan) then other cabins in that Cat. Now to my concerns:

1) Will we be hearing the lifts just across from this cabin?

2) Will we experience a lot of traffic from cruisers going out to the pool deck?

3) Will the door out to the pool deck slam loudly?

As you can see, loud noise is my only concern. Have any of you QM2 regulars sailed in this cabin? This will be our first cruise on Cunard and we could not be more excited! Thanks for your help.

The door from the Pool Terrace actually leads to a stairway down to 7. You can see the lower end of the stairway on the Deck 7 plan just forward of the Princess Grill.

I don't think there's really a way out to the terrace from Deck 8.

This is the cabin we have been assigned for our T/A crossings in Oct. 2012. the cabin "appears" to be slightly larger (at least on the plan) then other cabins in that Cat

Hi

Interestingly 8128 was shown as a Queens Grill suite on very early (incl. pre-entry into service) deck plans... (soon corrected!).

1) Will we be hearing the lifts just across from this cabin? 2) Will we experience a lot of traffic from cruisers going out to the pool deck? 3) Will the door out to the pool deck slam loudly?

I've had cabins near lifts on QM2, never heard a thing. As has been mentioned above, there is no access to the Deck 8 Terrace Pool and Bar from the "cabin areas" of Deck 8, you have to go down to Deck 7 and go back up to Deck 8 (on the port side, the stairs up are next to the entrance to the Princess Grill Restaurant). No door so no slaming! :D .

Hope this helps, there are many pictures of QM2 and her interiors, including a photo tour, via the link below, have a great time, Bon Voyage!

I'm probably the most easily annoyed person as regards noise. I can't sleep with any noise near me, but I have spent half the world cruise just across from the lifts on Deck 8 on QM2 & never once heard a sound from them.

I'm probably the most easily annoyed person as regards noise. I can't sleep with any noise near me, but I have spent half the world cruise just across from the lifts on Deck 8 on QM2 & never once heard a sound from them.

That is what I wanted to hear! Thanks. Which cabin are you in?

This is a wheelchair accessible cabin,the bathroom is a wet room.

Have been in this cabin on many voyages,no noise from the lifts,near to

Todd English and the Laundrette;).Enjoy.

I did not know that. There is no indication on the deck plan. I sure don't want to take a handicap room if someone else needs it.:(

Also, what do you mean by "wet" bathroom? And, is the clothes bar in the closet only half way up?:confused:

May I interject? Wet bathroom usually implies a walk in shower allowing a wheelchair accessibility to the shower stall. 'Wet' meaning the floor of the bathroom is an extension of the shower area - as opposed to having a definitive start and finish to the shower area. It all blends into one and only separated by a curtain. I have taken this style of room on other vessels, not particularly the stateroom you refer to on the QM2. I also was concerned that I was taking a cabin that someone with mobility issues would benefit from. I offered to move it was needed but was told that was not necessary for the particular sailing I was on. I must say I really enjoyed the extra space in the stateroom itself and the 'wet' bathroom also provided wonderful extra space. There was no difference in the cabin amenities other than more square footage to enjoy!

Archived