Euros

RetiredFL

loum140 is correct. Better to get Euros from ATMs, especially with debit cards that don't charge conversion or withdrawal fees. Was very easy to find ATMs on our recent August Marina trip. I think Oceania's exchange rate was about 1.51 when market rate was about 1.42.

I agree - ATMs are the best. But if you feel you need to have some before finding an ATM ashore, then buy some before you leave home. Euros, unlike other currencies such as roubles are easy to obtain, and there is a more likely chance of getting them at a better rate and sometimes without a fee (American Express often sells other currencies, EUR / USD /GBP, without charging a fee to its members)

It's easy and fast to obtain Euros from the airport ATM's right after you land in the city from which your cruise will disembark or at the first European port of a Euro country . And none of those added charges like onboard ship. We got our Euros on our Baltic trip in Berlin right by the Brandenburg Gate! :)

Can anyone confirm that euros are sold on board Marina in the Mediterranean?

Are they charged to your account or do you have to put them on a card with a 5% fee?

Thanks.

We just finished a cruise on board Marina in the Mediterranean. We bought our own euros here in the states before leaving the rate was acceptable. We do lots of private tours that require euros payment. My wife likes to shop, but only for things we can eat, drink or wear right away. That is our new rule.

I enquired about the ship's rate. It was $1.51 to buy. If you wanted to return the euros not spent or to use them to settle up your shipboard account they would give you $1.31 for each euro.

Bill & Jeannie

We just finished a cruise on board Marina in ....

I enquired about the ship's rate. It was $1.51 to buy. If you wanted to return the euros not spent or to use them to settle up your shipboard account they would give you $1.31 for each euro.

Bill & Jeannie

Hence the phrase: "They get you coming and going!"

Archived