carry on beverages

cawagner

What amount are you allowed to carry-on. I know its 1 bottle of wine/champagne per person. What about water/soda ect. We wanted to bring a bottle of champagne and the other a 2 ltr. of soda OR a bottle of mixer for our alcohol? We figured we might by a bottle of liquor from bon voyage so we could have some drinks in our cabin. I also wanted to bring some small bottled waters. What amounts of what are you allowed.

What is the Liquor and Beverage Policy?

A liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

Since they changed the rule recently, are they allowing people to still carry on soda at ports? For instance, instead of lugging it around the first day, we picked our soda up at Key West last year. We were planning on doing that again next week, but didn't know if they have cracked down on that or not.

case of water/soda no larger than 20 ox per bottle

12 nonalchoholic drinks pp .. not sure what a case is. (rules say a package of 12)

OP, if you break the rules its taking a chance.

They used to not allow one box of wine 1.5 liter rather than two 750 ml of wine.

Its your call, you know what the rules are. There are not rules for substituting other than John said you can now combine the wine to one of the same ml.

OP you can carry them on however you want. If you board together you can put them in the same bag.

Since they changed the rule recently, are they allowing people to still carry on soda at ports? For instance, instead of lugging it around the first day, we picked our soda up at Key West last year. We were planning on doing that again next week, but didn't know if they have cracked down on that or not.
No crack down on non-alcoholic beverage purchases in port - you can still do this. It's the alcoholic beverage purchases in port that they're on the lookout for....

Thanks for all your quick responses. We usually prepurchase a bunch of the bar coupons, that way our SS bill at the end is low, but it might be a better deal to get some bonvoage liquor delivered and make some drinks ourselves in the cabin and only purchase half the amount of bar coupons we normally do.

By the way, what is the size of the alcohol bottle you order from bon voyage? Rum in particular.

Can you put soda or juice in your luggage, I ordered from bon voyage?

They said they are liter bottles, I ordered Grey Goose and that was $60

I think that any beverages need to be in your carryon luggage.

Anyone? :)

The rules are very specific, they say nothing about substituting. Swapping soda/water for wine is sort of a apples and oranges thing and bit of a stretch of the rules, don't you think.

Anyone? :)

The rules are very specific, they say nothing about substituting. Swapping soda/water for wine is sort of a apples and oranges thing and bit of a stretch of the rules, don't you think.

I thought my answer was clear, but I guess not.. but awchief's answer was clear.

there are no rules to break the rules.

Not really, its not like i am wanting to swap it out for a bottle of scotch...its soda, which is absolutely allowed to be brought onboard

You asked for opinions on a public forum, you got several very good ones. Sounds to me like your mind is already made up and you are looking for someone to agree with you.

OK, I agree with you, take what ever you want to carry, but don't be surprised or pissed off if the inspectors find fault with your decision.

Well, no I dont want anyone to just agree with me, all I wanted to know is IF anyone has brought a 2ltr bottle of soda in their carryon. I saw on another thread that someone brought along one of those big bottles of mixer (in their carryon) for the alcohol they also got from bon voyage so they could make their own mixed drinks. And, by the way I can read, and I am well aware what the rules state.

The 20 oz rule just started within the last 2 weeks, so what someone did a month ago isnt relevalent. I have brought one 2 liter of soda in the past.

No one has hardly had time to know the new 20 oz rule, so probably they are being lenient.

Thank you and I didn't know that new rule was so recent :) but then again by the time our cruise is things may end up changing....again LOL

The bottled water you will pay for. I think the tap water in the room tastes fine, but some go to the Lido deck and fill a container there.

Use one of their cups to pour it in your bottle- unless the opening is wide enough, there is a chance that the dispenser will touch the mouth of the bottle (a no no!)

Archived