Oosterdam-cabin 1001

hybrn8

That cabin is right at the exit from the show lounge. If you retire early, and the show ends late, you may hear people as they leave. There will be a large crowd waiting for elevators, and more who will walk past your door on the way to the mid-ship elevator banks.

There will also be people headed to the show lounge on that side when tours are leaving. Not a noise problem during the day, most likely, but you could have a difficult time heading the other way.

The next cabins down look to be under the Piano Bar, so they could have some noise from above; cabin 1001 is a bit further forward than that bar.

You do realize that cabin is shower only? I wouldn't find that to be a problem, but for whatever reason so many posters seem to prefer having a tub that I thought it should be pointed out.

Deck plan makes it look like there is a wall/alcove for those cabins but if not, then not for us....shower only big plus. Been on Oosterdam but was in an SZ but that was before I hurt a leg...

Other thoughts appreciated.

Deck plan makes it look like there is a wall/alcove for those cabins ....

There is, sort of, a barrier between the door to the cabin and the gathering area.

You come down the passageway from mid-ship, and, just as you approach cabin 1001, you turn left through a doorway-type opening to get to the gathering area. What I'm saying is that the area gets full when people leave the show lounge. They are chatting before they say goodnight, and while they wait for elevators. Sometimes there's quite a wait as it takes several go-rounds before the crowd is dispersed.

I don't know if there's enough noise to disturb someone in that cabin. I am suggesting it's possible, and you need to be aware of that. It's not the quietest spot on the ship. It's right next to a high-traffic spot.

Consider, too, that the passageway could be termed "family row". There's the possibility of lots of kids running up and down a lot if you're sailing during a period when kids are out of school.

Trust me on this one. :rolleyes:

Archived