Parking with "Port of Miami Cruise Parking.com"

Lacaena

Has anybody parked through Port of Miami Cruise Parking .com ? I have read some bad reviews about some of the other companies, at the best they seem to be hit or miss. I really don't want to take that chance. This company seems to be either new, flying under the radar, or I'm just missing the comments. I'm staying at the Intercontinental the night before so a park/sleep combo isn't an option. If anyone has used Port of Miami Cruise Parking . com I'd love to hear about it, or if anyone has any other suggestions I'm open to that too. I just really don't want to pay $180 to park at the port. Thanks in advance :)

Wow, just priced them for our cruise in November and they are much cheaper than Premier.

Any reviews of this place?

I know premier has free shuttles to/from the port, but noticed that Port of Miami Cruise Parking .com has taxi's waiting, although they claim to be the closest off-site cruiseport parking.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

Please be aware as I found out the hard way,this portofmiamiparking.com is a half paved and dirt outdoor lot.It is managed and secure by homeless individuals that live in this lot,(can smell the alcohol when paying).It is surrounded by people sleeping on the sidewalk.Yes they are closer to the Port,but there is no taxi waiting there you have to make the call for one and wait on the street to be pick up.My car was broken into and food was taken from it.No one knows what happened.Taxi is $10 -12 each way.When I complaint got no where and as I research found out the Company is not registered in Florida.Does not exist.The other companies are charging around $10.00 each and the Port is $20.00.Wow $4.50 is a great deal.My lesson if it looks too good,sounds too good,its really cheap,It will eventually cost you more.Be warned

• 1 year later...

!!!!!!!!.....BEWARE PORT of MIAMI PARKING......!!!!

I booked thru their site for 7 nights the end of Nov and start of Dec, 2012. After passing a bunch of homeless looking men on 1st ave before turning onto 7th st, I got a little worried. The opening in the fence which was the entrance was blocked by orange cones. No attendant in sight.... you give the site your arriving & departing info and TIME and are told to show your receipt to the attendant when you arrive.

I moved the cones and started to enter. A hispanic man across the street came over... not much English. I tried to explain and showed him my receipt. He wanted me to come park at his lot (he was a parking attendent there, I guess) but I didn't want to pay twice. I think he was telling me go ahead in my lot find a place and gestured to leave receipt on the dash.

I tried calling the local # and the business's 800 #... all recordings, which after leaving a few messages like 'emergency' and waiting 1/2 hour, I just parked the car.

There is NO shuttle and no taxis. I stopped a small local bus asking about a shuttle and he gave me the number for the cab service.

Once on the ship, I tried the #'s again, more messages. They NEVER returned my call.

When I returned, I had to taxi back. The taxi line was long..about a 40 min wait. They cabbie was pissed that I was only going a couple of miles and I got charged double what I paid coming in.... that's another story.

At the lot, there was a different car backed in next to me... a new cheverolet convertible (camero?). The passenger windows, both front and rear, had be broken out. The glove box was opened and papers scattered on the floor. I wanted to alert someone but, again, NO ATTENDANT. I wonder if they left a GPS or something visable. I have a SUV but 'hid' everything under the seat. I was still lucky it wasn't me.

I doubt it was reported to the insurance company/police... probably costs less to repair than the deductible.... which is the reasoning I saw on another post.

I'm spreading the word of my experience. I'm mad that their site is very misleading, the info they provide you is a bunch of lies and that no one cared enough to ever return my calls. SO BEWARE.... your parking may not turn out to be so cheap!

• 3 months later...

I just used this company for my sailing on 4/6/13 on the Celebrity Reflections and I was very satisfied with my experience. If you read the website you will see that they offer no transportation for free to the cruise terminals and that it is separate companies that offer Taxi's or Shuttle Buses. I walked back and forth to the terminal and felt safe both ways. Not everyone is going to feel safe with the walk, if you are not used to a city environment though. Yes, there are homeless people that are in the area, but you are in Miami and you see them all over. The lot is $4.50 a day compared to $20 a day at the terminal garage, so you see what a deal it is. I made sure that there was nothing visible in my car and locked everything I left behind in the trunk. The lost is within 2 blocks of American Airlines Arena so you would think that the area is patrolled with some frequency. I would use this lot again the next time I sail from Miami, I found it to be a great value. Just remember that this is a no frills lot and you get what you pay for.

I just used this company for my sailing on 4/6/13 on the Celebrity Reflections and I was very satisfied with my experience. If you read the website you will see that they offer no transportation for free to the cruise terminals and that it is separate companies that offer Taxi's or Shuttle Buses. I walked back and forth to the terminal and felt safe both ways. Not everyone is going to feel safe with the walk, if you are not used to a city environment though. Yes, there are homeless people that are in the area, but you are in Miami and you see them all over. The lot is $4.50 a day compared to $20 a day at the terminal garage, so you see what a deal it is. I made sure that there was nothing visible in my car and locked everything I left behind in the trunk. The lost is within 2 blocks of American Airlines Arena so you would think that the area is patrolled with some frequency. I would use this lot again the next time I sail from Miami, I found it to be a great value. Just remember that this is a no frills lot and you get what you pay for.

You might have felt safe but that area of downtown Miami IS NOT SAFE.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the detailed info! I am breaking my head trying to find a decent place. I dont care about the orange cones or hispanic guy, whatever. It can be a dirt lot for all I care, as long as my car is just sitting. My main question for you, am I allowed to take my key with me? That's all I care about. Thank you!!!

Thank you for the detailed info! I am breaking my head trying to find a decent place. I dont care about the orange cones or hispanic guy, whatever. It can be a dirt lot for all I care, as long as my car is just sitting. My main question for you, am I allowed to take my key with me? That's all I care about. Thank you!!!

Yes you can take your keys with you.

I have used the lot a few times with no issue other than a dusty vehicle from sitting outside.

there is another lot called safecruiseparking . com, I just used this lot last month and it seems to be a tad more secure than the parking lot you are asking about. The shuttle for safecruiseparking . com is by far one of the best ran shuttle services I have seen for Miami parking lots besides a little hiccup we had last month. Just make sure you watch all your luggage get loaded:D

Good luck and safe cruising!

Archived