Going Next Week- Paradise Island?

lcds1

We are going on a short cruise next week (just need to get AWAY!) and want to know about

getting to Paradise Island...been awhile since we have done that.

Our ship is in Nassau from 8 am til Midnite so lots of time in port.

Are there taxis at the port to pick you up- once there - where can we go to relax at a beach/AI or just a few hours there? Seen Atlantis and its not in the budget for this quick trip!

Please advise- Thanks!!!

We are going on a short cruise next week (just need to get AWAY!) and want to know about

getting to Paradise Island...been awhile since we have done that.

Our ship is in Nassau from 8 am til Midnite so lots of time in port.

Are there taxis at the port to pick you up- once there - where can we go to relax at a beach/AI or just a few hours there? Seen Atlantis and its not in the budget for this quick trip!

Please advise- Thanks!!!

Taxis are available in the port to take you to Paradise Island. Only AI on Paradise Island that I know of is not one that is recommended. Maybe go over the Cable beach to the Sandals or Breezes and get a day pass there...Breezes is cheaper than Sandals...

Taxis are available in the port to take you to Paradise Island. Only AI on Paradise Island that I know of is not one that is recommended. Maybe go over the Cable beach to the Sandals or Breezes and get a day pass there...Breezes is cheaper than Sandals...

Let me edit my post, there is the Riu on Paradise Island...I always seem to overlook this one, pretty sure they do a day pass also.

You can get all-inclusive day passes at RIU or Sandals. British Colonial, Sheraton and Wyndham also offer day passes that are not all-inclusive. Breezes is not open right now due to roof damage from the storm.

You might want to contact the hotels in advance to see if they will be selling day passes. I heard that Sheraton is accepting a lot of the Breezes guests and may be full.

When you arrive at the port of Nassau, there is a long walkway out to a colorful building that will have cab info, a small market place, and a post office drop box (and if you can get the gal off the phone) you can buy local stamps. You will also get back on your ship with your sail away cards here too.

Just outside the doors are tons of cabs-they prefer groups of 5 or more. We only waited for 5 minutes in line before finding enough people to fill a cab.

Getting back was just as easy. We just walked to the entrance of the Atlantis resort. We made an agreement with the driver that it would be $5 per person no matter how many were in the cab and we would wait 15 minutes for a larger group to fill the cab.

Hope you have fun on Paradise Island/Atlantis. We loved it and hated to leave!

Archived