Majesty of the Seas-Review

215girl

Just got back yesterday from a 3 day trip to the Bahamas on the Majesty of the Seas. It was so relaxing. I havent downloaded any pics yet but I am very happy to everybody that recommended me going to the Compass Deli to try their sweet crepes...OMG THEY ARE SO GOOD. We had to skip over CocoCay due to Irene "molesting it" not my words but Dave's lol, who by the way I fell in love with he is so funny and I love his accent.

Day 1-Check in was a breeze, I was afraid I was going to be late due to the storm and me coming from Philly but I had no trouble getting to the ship. Once I was on the ship I went straight to the Windjammer and got some lunch. After that I went to my room, inside cabin since I was traveling alone, my luggage wasnt there yet but I had my bathing suit in my bag so I changed and went to the pool for my first drink of the day.....MIAMI VICE. Since I was traveling by myself I requested a large table. There were 10 couples and myself. I had a wonderful time at the table we got along great. The food for the weekend was good however I felt our waiter was a food pusher, I was full and I didnt want any desert but he insisted on me eating ice cream and brought some out. I politely declined and said good night and walked away. Again not a big deal. After dinner I toured the ship and went to the nightclub, one word...hilarious. I had a very good time.

Day 2-Since we couldnt go to CocoCay we stayed in the Bahamas for 2 days. There wasnt any trips for the day because of the last minute change so I got a cab and went to the Fish Fry area and ate some conch fritters and a Kalik beer at Goldies. After that I went back on Bay Street and did some shopping aka bottles of Bahamain Rum, cant wait to crack open a bottle of that, got some trinkets for my family and headed back to the ship. After dinner, I went to the club Bamboo with 2 ladies I met at the pool bar and had a very good time dancing with the locals. Got back on the ship around 3am, did I say I had a good time at the club lol.

Day 3-I decided to do a beach day at Atlantis. The weather was gorgeous. The price included a chair and a towel, I got the towel but almost had to act a fool for a chair, still dont understand what the problem was but I got one and a beach umbrella which wasnt included in the price but I got one anyway because the sun was very hot. Laid under the sun all day, then strolled back to the aquarium, loved it then I strolled around the Atlantis shops and pretended to be rich, if only I could afford a pair of socks out of those stores I would be happy. This was the last day in the Bahamas so I strolled around again, its something about the locals I love, yes I understand its a poverished country but they work very hard for their money. It made me really appreciate all that I have. Got back on the ship, went up to the deli for my daily chocolate mousse crep, talked to Dominic who worked in there who was very friendly. After that I walked back to the pool to watch the belly splash contest I havent laughed so hard in a while, had another Miami Vice...ok had maybe 3 of them, went back to my room for a nap then off to dinner. Love the last night of the cruise when all the wait staff sings the Italian song...sorry I forgot the name but I had a really good time. Went to the Quest game show. I dont know what was funnier, watching grown men roll around on the floor or the women showing us their special party tricks lol.

Last day-I did self check out, which was easy until I had to drag my suitcase with my 8 bottles of rum in it down the long hallway lol. But I was off the ship by 7:30, airport by 8, sitting in my area by 8:30 for my 11:10 flight to Atlanta.

I think thats about it, again I had a wonderful time, this was my first solo cruise and I think I will make this my annual me time trip, it was long enough for me to relax and come home to a very spoiled cat who has been under my feet since I came home last night. I did miss him. If I think of anything else I will add it. :)

Enjoyed your review. Miami Vice....YUMM!

Thanks for posting.

Thanks and yes they were so good, I love the fact that the bartender told me not to stir it suck it down straight....ahh what a wonderful vacation lol.

I'm anxious to see your pictures. My sister and I are taking a 4-night cruise on this ship in May. We have never cruised on this ship or done this itinerary and because it is a short cruise we didn't have any plans to do any organized excursions. However, we may check out Atlantis - more for the shops than the beach! Tell me more about your Bamboo club experience. Were there more locals than tourists/cruise travelers?

Thanks for your review.

Glad you made the best of the weather situation. I also enjoy large tables and meeting new people. On our first Majesty cruise we were at a table for 10 and nobody else showed up (our only time on early seating) We had a nice table for 8 on our 2nd Majesty cruise. If you liked the 3 day I highly recommend the 4 day.

My sister and I are taking a 4-night cruise on this ship in May. We have never cruised on this ship or done this itinerary and because it is a short cruise we didn't have any plans to do any organized excursions.

I actually recommend that for Key West, just get off, perhaps get a ticket for the City View Trolley, get off an on it when something interests you and have a good relaxing day.

I have a question for anyone who has cruised on the Majesty. We have SO cabin. Is the head of the bed against the wall or under the window. I have read reviews about the beds under the port hole and when the beds are together one side is against the wall.

Judi :)

Enjoyed the review. I am cruising solo also and requested a large table also. How much was the cab ride to Goldies? That is plan for lunch the day we are in Nassau. TIA.

Check your table assignment when you board. When I was solo on Majesty in June they did not give me a table assignment at all. I was confirmed early dining for my reservation and requested a large table, but for whatever reason they skipped me entirely. The last time I cruised solo, another line assigned me to a 4-top with a couple.

Moral of the story is to check with the Maitre D once you board (usually 1pm or 1:30 on Majesty) to see your table assignment and request changes.

Nice review, Majesty was our first cruise and I always enjoy reading about people enjoying the crepes in Compass deli. They are awesome.

DW said if she was solo, she would have wanted Dave to go home with her. She thinks he is the best!!!! Glad I already have her....

Archived