San Gervasio ruins

Bibble

Has anyone gone out there by taxi? I saw that the waiting time rate is $80 for 5-7 passengers.

I'm wondering what the cost is to just go, and then get a new taxi to come back. Are taxis plentiful over there, or would we be hard pressed to find one when we wanted to come back?

Thanks for any info!!!

If this is the same place we went at Thanksgiving 2004 on a Panama Canal cruise, there would be no taxis waiting to return you to the ship or to town. It's way out in the boonies. This is one reason if there are only two of you, you might do better to take a ship's tour (shudder shudder). If there are 7 or 8 or you that would be cost prohibitive, of course.

Also, if you are a ruins expert, this place looked like a broken down sugar mill. There was nothing to see. There was one concession stand and of course it was very hot, so you would definitely want a beverage. There was a chapel. That was it. Just dust.

If this is the same place we went at Thanksgiving 2004 on a Panama Canal cruise, there would be no taxis waiting to return you to the ship or to town. It's way out in the boonies. This is one reason if there are only two of you, you might do better to take a ship's tour (shudder shudder). If there are 7 or 8 or you that would be cost prohibitive, of course.

Also, if you are a ruins expert, this place looked like a broken down sugar mill. There was nothing to see. There was one concession stand and of course it was very hot, so you would definitely want a beverage. There was a chapel. That was it. Just dust.

We have 5 people. It would be $80 for a taxi to wait, we might just do it that way.

I know it won't be a whole lot. My mom wants to see ruins, but I think the day over to Tulum would be too much. Mom will love it anyway :)

Does anyone know where to line up an inexpensive island tour? We don't need beach time or snorkeling time, but I think your'e right, Diva, might be nice to see more than the ruins, and then the shopping area... But the tours through the ship are so expensive per person because they include more than we want/need.

Archived