Are fans allowed?

Can I bring a small fan and extension cord on the Freedom of the Seas?

Thank You.

No, they will confiscate your extension cord. If you have a medical need for the fan, you should get a letter from your doctor and the ship should supply you with an approved extension cord.

No, they will confiscate your extension cord. If you have a medical need for the fan, you should get a letter from your doctor and the ship should supply you with an approved extension cord.

Are you allowed to bring a power strip? So I can plug my cameras and such in to charge....

We've always brought a fan. DH can't sleep without one. And we've always brought an extension cord and power strip. That being said, there have been several reports on here about these things being confiscated, but we've never had that happen. It's not easy putting a fan on the nightstand with the way the outlets are positioned in the cabins.

I bring a small fan evry cruise - called O2cool, from Walmart, has a recharge so can go with or without plug in. If a small extension cord is packed with thought, it will look like it belongs with the razor, etc. on xray.

My mother has brought a fan on every cruise we've been on with RCI. It shouldn't be a problem. However, we never tried bring an extension cord.

Good Luck.

Carnival Festivale - 2/1983

Adventure of the Seas - 2/2004

Enchantment of the Seas - 2/2006

Randiance of the Seas - 2/2008

Monarch of the Seas - 4/2010

Freedom of the Seas - 9/2011

My mother has brought a fan on every cruise we've been on with RCI. It shouldn't be a problem. However, we never tried bring an extension cord.

Good Luck.

That is what I do - fan but no extension cord.

I've never brought extension cords - don't know where the plugs would be located but I wouldn't want us tripping over it at night.

Archived