MIA to POM via Alamo Shuttle?

BillsMafiaBabe

First let me say, Im sorry ~ I know this question has been asked a million times but I cant find anything recent...

Has anyone recently (like in July or August) rented from Alamo and used their shuttle to get to the Port of Miami?

I got a great deal on the car rental but I wanted to check here because I know that they ran the shuttle back in 09 and 10 but was told in Mid 2010 they had stopped it but it is running to the port again now and I just wanted to see if anyone could confirm.

Alamo tells me that they do shuttle you to the port but she was like "well we do right now" so that didnt leave me with the warm fuzzies ...:o

Thanks,

Sue

I am also returning a car to Alamo at MIA and planning on riding the shuttle to the port. When I called I did not hear any indication that anything might change like you did. They simply confirmed that they have a shuttle to the port and that you have to show your rental papers to use it.

The same information is on their website, and the site for POM lists Alamo as one of 4 companies that have shuttles. (The other 3 are Dollar, Thrifty and Hertz.) So I certainly hope that nothing changes in the near future.

I called Enterprise at the MIA location and was told they don't have a shuttle, but you can use the Alamo shuttle by showing your Enterprise rental agreement. Anyone tried that and did it work?

I haven't done this, but it makes sense. I had an Enterprise reservation at a different airport a couple months ago and they gave me an Alamo car. They said, "we own them now." Just did a search and I see that Enterprise Holdings owns Enterprise, Alamo and National. So, as long as the shuttle driver got the memo....

I haven't done this, but it makes sense. I had an Enterprise reservation at a different airport a couple months ago and they gave me an Alamo car. They said, "we own them now." Just did a search and I see that Enterprise Holdings owns Enterprise, Alamo and National. So, as long as the shuttle driver got the memo....

Good news. We were booked with Alamo because they had a shuttle to the POM, but Enterprise has a much cheaper rate so we switched.

Archived