Any preferences among the A4 cabins on the Marina?

acugirl65

Booking a Mediterranean cruise on the Marina in an A4 cabin. It seems they are all located on Deck 9, so no advantage such as the oversized verandas on Deck 7. Any preferences or ones to avoid. Thanks for your kind feedback!

Booking a Mediterranean cruise on the Marina in an A4 cabin. It seems they are all located on Deck 9, so no advantage such as the oversized verandas on Deck 7. Any preferences or ones to avoid. Thanks for your kind feedback!

As you say, the A4's are all identical in size and configuration, so your decision is all about location, location, location.

090033.jpg I'd probably try to book something closer to the elevator lobby, yet still considering how often I'd be likely to use the Concierge Lounge.

064447.jpg

and/or the Laundry Room.

The Lounge may be entered from both the port & the starboard hallways, but the

Laundry Room only has a door on the port side, because the washer/dryers stand where the starboard side all door would be.

150034.jpg Hope this helped! Enjoy your selection, whatever it may be. :D

Well, for now they assigned us 9123 which is more aft - still near an elevator and maybe better for my mom's potential seasickness. I think I can get her to toddle back and forth to the lounge for snacks ;-) Thanks for your help!

Well, for now they assigned us 9123 which is more aft - still near an elevator and maybe better for my mom's potential seasickness. I think I can get her to toddle back and forth to the lounge for snacks ;-) Thanks for your help!

We had cabin 9123 for Marina's August 10th sailing. We were pleased with the location of the cabin though it's a bit distant from the Concierge lounge and laundry facilities. We didn't use those much so it didn't bother us. We liked that we were close to the elevators and stairway but not so close that we heard everyone that came and went from that area.

We had 9020 on the Marina, and were very happy with the locale. We were close to the lounge, but not near the doors, which are at 24-26 and 37-39. The laundry room door isn't noisy, but there was a complaint re the concierge lounge traffic and doors from a resident of one of the rooms noted. We also try to stay away from the elevator banks to avoid the noise from the elevator doors and the alert chimes, etc.

You can enter the laundry from either Port or Starboard--but it is a little hall and in that hall is the entry to the laundry room.

Interesting

On deck 7 you can only enter on the port side

Lyn

• 3 months later...
Was it worth the extra $ for the Concierge level?

In my opinion, on the Marina class ships, the Concierge level is not worth the extra money. The Concierge lounge is a nice feature but for the most part what is available there is also available elsewhere on the ship.

The cabins themselves are identical to the other balcony cabins.

With Concierge level you do get access to areas of the Spa that you'd otherwise have to pay for, so if that's important to you, that may be a reason to book it.

For my next cruise on the Riviera, I booked a B4 with an extended balcony. I think I'll get more use out of the extended balcony than I did the Concierge lounge. With the $ saved I'll book a dinner or two in La Reserve and not have to worry about begging the concierge for additional restaurant reservations.

On the R Class ships, I think the Concierge level cabins have a little more value in that you get the additional restaurant reservations. If that's not important to you, there's little additional value.

To the OP, I had an A4, cabin 9036 on the Marina, which was near the forward elevators, the laundry and the Concierge lounge, without being right on top of anything. I think it was a good choice.

• 3 months later...

I am surprised that you say that one can enter the laundry rooms from both sides. We were on deck 10 on the November 24th TA, and had only one entrance to the laundry room. The only other door was Crew Only. Maybe we missed something. We were 10022 on the Marina. We have booked the same for a trip on Riviera in March, 2013

I am surprised that you say that one can enter the laundry rooms from both sides. We were on deck 10 on the November 24th TA, and had only one entrance to the laundry room. The only other door was Crew Only. Maybe we missed something. We were 10022 on the Marina. We have booked the same for a trip on Riviera in March, 2013

Deck 9 laundry is different than the others, as spindrift noted. There is a connecting hallway from either port or starboard, with doors at either end. Entering the hallway one turns forward through another door into the laundry room proper. The machines that Jim pictured are actually on the forward bulkhead on Deck 9, with the ironing boards and soap dispenser on the port side and the sofa on the starboard side.

Each deck has their laundry room in a slightly different location.

On Marina's MV were were on deck 8 port side. Thre was a door to thelittle hallway to the laundry, as described by Don, on that side at least. While I did not go through the little hallway to see what was on the other side, the laundry room on this deck also did not open directly to the passageway but opened onto a small connecting hallway. So the laundry on deck 8 may be accessible from both side but certainly can say it was from port side.

Archived