Booking anothor cruise on a cruise

apdchief

Yes, you can book ES while you're on another cruise, and what you get is onboard credit on the new cruise. Plus, you know if the price goes down before the cruise you can submit the ES form and either get an upgrade or additional OBC.

If you know what cruise you want to take next, it's a good deal to book while onboard and get some OBC. We already know the next cruise we want to take but we're going on the Pride in October, so I'll book it then so we can get our $100 OBC.

If you don't, you can just purchase an FCC (future cruise certificate) and apply it at the time you book. You apparently have a year or two to use it, not sure which since I've never purchased it. I believe you pay $100 for the FCC. Perhaps someone who's bought the FCC can give the OP more information on them?

So whats the advantge to booking while on board as opposed to just purchasing the FCC? We are planning to get 2 FCC on our Legend cruise in only 10 days from now! Is there a better benefit to booking at that time? Also, If I understand correctly, if I buy one and my DH Buys one, we can apply them both to our future booking and get $200 OBC? Correct or no?

I just booked our cruise for next summer while on board the Valor last week.

If you book on board, in addition to your own OBC you get a voucher that you can give to friends or family who want to sail with you. That gives them a $100 OBC too.

One surprise - we booked two cabins for next year, but only got one voucher. I questioned this and was told that Carnival limits the number of OBC credits that a single family is allowed to three. Since both cabins we booked were for the same family name and address we got OBCs for each of them plus the voucher, which counted as a total of three.

According to the future booking guy on the Valor this is a policy that was issued by Carnival's Miami home office. I have not found it on the web site anywhere, though. The booking guy agreed that this seemed illogical.

So whats the advantge to booking while on board as opposed to just purchasing the FCC? We are planning to get 2 FCC on our Legend cruise in only 10 days from now! Is there a better benefit to booking at that time? Also, If I understand correctly, if I buy one and my DH Buys one, we can apply them both to our future booking and get $200 OBC? Correct or no?

If you book onboard only, you get two free friends and family vouchers for 2 more cabins to get the same OBC you are getting.

If you book onboard only, you get two free friends and family vouchers for 2 more cabins to get the same OBC you are getting.

Are you saying that if you purchase one FCC voucher and use it to book on board that you can book 2 other cabins for friends/family and get the same $100 off the cruise price and the $100 OBC without buying other FCC? If so, that's a great deal. Personally, I never book on board since I can't watch for deals like I can at home on line but so far I have used 5 FCC vouchers.

I just booked our cruise for next summer while on board the Valor last week.

If you book on board, in addition to your own OBC you get a voucher that you can give to friends or family who want to sail with you. That gives them a $100 OBC too.

One surprise - we booked two cabins for next year, but only got one voucher. I questioned this and was told that Carnival limits the number of OBC credits that a single family is allowed to three. Since both cabins we booked were for the same family name and address we got OBCs for each of them plus the voucher, which counted as a total of three.

According to the future booking guy on the Valor this is a policy that was issued by Carnival's Miami home office. I have not found it on the web site anywhere, though. The booking guy agreed that this seemed illogical.

Oh that is a bit of an incentive isnt it? My family would love it since they will be booking anyway! Thanks for the info!

Hi Fire --

I thought I would be getting two free friends and family vouchers because we booked two cabins. But the Future Cruise Rep on the Valor told me that they could only give me one voucher. The reason, he said, was that Carnival won't allow a single family to have more than three OBC credits. So we had one credit for each of the two cabins plus one credit for the voucher.

I questioned it and he told me that this is a policy set by Miami. If we had two different last names and/or addresses for the cabins I booked we would have gotten the second voucher, he said. I don't see this policy anywhere on the web site.

While I'm mildly irked by this, I'm probably not going to make a federal case over it -- I'm not even sure if we'll have one taker for the voucher I did get. Still, I thought other folks might want to know about it.

Are you saying that if you purchase one FCC voucher and use it to book on board that you can book 2 other cabins for friends/family and get the same $100 off the cruise price and the $100 OBC without buying other FCC? If so, that's a great deal. Personally, I never book on board since I can't watch for deals like I can at home on line but so far I have used 5 FCC vouchers.

No, Im saying you the two FREE vouchers get the same OBC, nothing else. The $100 off is your own money back. If you pay nothing, then you dont get any money back.

I have the link at home. Sorry, Im at lunch now, so dont have access to the link.

Hi Fire --

I thought I would be getting two free friends and family vouchers because we booked two cabins. But the Future Cruise Rep on the Valor told me that they could only give me one voucher. The reason, he said, was that Carnival won't allow a single family to have more than three OBC credits. So we had one credit for each of the two cabins plus one credit for the voucher.

I questioned it and he told me that this is a policy set by Miami. If we had two different last names and/or addresses for the cabins I booked we would have gotten the second voucher, he said. I don't see this policy anywhere on the web site.

While I'm mildly irked by this, I'm probably not going to make a federal case over it -- I'm not even sure if we'll have one taker for the voucher I did get. Still, I thought other folks might want to know about it.

OK I reread this. I think if you wanted more than 3 what you could have done is split up. You book one onboard and get two vouchers to take home and your husband books another and he takes home two, .. but that would only work if you were booked on the S&S card with two separate credit cards.

but you did get 3 altogether I understand now what you are saying, but you wanted more cabins. I read thru too fast.

Archived