Stair Well on Liberty of the Seas

There are stairs right by the elevators that are open to everybody.

There is another set of stairs father back that is crew only. I foolishly booked the family into cabins on different floors near those stairs thinking we could easily get back and forth. Nope.

Nope, no public stairway in the aft of the ship. I thought the same thing when I saw the deck plans. We stayed in an aft facing room overlooking the ship's wake and we found that the view and the privacy is well worth the walk.

My experience with the Radiance was that the deck plans showed three sets of elevators, each with nearby stairways. The one near the front, and the one just aft of center, were open to the public. (In both cases, I'm referring to both the banks of elevators and the nearby set of stairways.) The elevators/stairs closer to the rear of the ship were crew only.

Why they show those on the deck plans is beyond me. To avoid confusion, it would be better to just show it as a blank white space, like they do with other crew areas. I found out the hard way that not even during the muster drill are passengers allowed in the aft crew stairway. (Personally, I think this is a very bad policy; passengers should be allowed to use whatever means of egress are closest to them during a drill, so that they can become familiar with them.)

On Liberty, there are 2 sets of public elevators. 4 elevators in each set. and there are also stairs at both of these places. but the deck plans also show another stairway, way aft with no elevator showing and that stairway is for crew only. sorry for the confusion.

There are stairs right by the elevators that are open to everybody.

There is another set of stairs father back that is crew only. I foolishly booked the family into cabins on different floors near those stairs thinking we could easily get back and forth. Nope.

LOL!!!!!!!!! That's hilarious! :p:p:p:p

Archived