san diego questions

lssg

I just booked the holiday inn san diego on the bay and was wondering if there is a store or grocery store close by to buy wine before we go on our cruise? Is there any good bakery or coffee shop within walking distance? Has anyone eaten breakfast at this hotel? any help you can provide is greatly appreciated thanks

Breakfast there is OK, not great. If you want to take a walk, or a pedicab, you could go to Cafe 222 in the Gaslamp Quarter (great breakfasts), Brian's 24, or Richard Walker's from there.

You are fairly easy walking distance to Little Italy where there are several great bakeries, including Extraordinary Desserts (which I believe has breakfast too). Lots of good places to eat all along India Street in that area.

There is a RiteAide drug store about 2 blocks from the hotel on Ash. It is the closest drug store and sells wine, liquor, water and sodas. A better selection of wine is at Trader Joe's in the Liberty Station complex, but that would require a cab ride or taking the city bus. There are also several good places for wine in the Gaslamp Quarter.

Breakfast there is OK, not great. If you want to take a walk, or a pedicab, you could go to Cafe 222 in the Gaslamp Quarter (great breakfasts), Brian's 24, or Richard Walker's from there.

You are fairly easy walking distance to Little Italy where there are several great bakeries, including Extraordinary Desserts (which I believe has breakfast too). Lots of good places to eat all along India Street in that area.

There is a RiteAide drug store about 2 blocks from the hotel on Ash. It is the closest drug store and sells wine, liquor, water and sodas. A better selection of wine is at Trader Joe's in the Liberty Station complex, but that would require a cab ride or taking the city bus. There are also several good places for wine in the Gaslamp Quarter.

Wow - I've been trying to find somewhere to buy a small quantity of rum for a few drinks in our room the night prior to our cruise. We are staying at this same hotel. I was trying to figure out the best way to get to Ralph's. I had no idea that Rite-Aid also carried liquor. One question - I would like to purchase Pineapple juice to take with us on the cruise - does Rite-Aid also carry this? Thanks!

Archived