Cozumel in September

GracieAnn

Hi!

I'm a first time cruiser planning a cruise for early September to Cozumel and Playa del Carmen. It will be myself and my husband and his mom and dad. We have planned on going during the first few weeks in September. Now people are telling us that the weather will be rainy, in peak hurricane season, and definitely not a good time to go. Has anyone been there during this time?? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thank you!:)

You are probably getting second hand advice from people who will not go at that time. From looking at my signuture you will see that I have sailed a few times during this time frame.

For one- the prices are cheaper- two- barely any kids onboard. Sure it is hurricane season and you take a chance- But know the cruise lines is not gonna risk millions of dollars and sail into that kind of weather. Do not book a cruise with your hopes high of going into any one particular port as that may change if the hurricane is headed to that direction- you will be going to different ports. If it rains in these ports its only for a few minutes and passes quickly.

Three of our cruises have been in Sept. As stated before: pricing and fewer children are a plus. The weather was beautiful with a short shower in Cozumel once and once in Grand Cayman.

I would not hesitate to sail at that time again. Just be willing to accept any changes in ports if necessary.

Relax and take it as it comes.:) :) :)

Me and my family are sailing this September on Elation. I was concerned at first as well, but after all the posts I am not worried. I did buy the insurance though. If you buy the insurance within the 1st 14 or 21 days after booking it will cover pre-existing conditions. Maybe not all of the insurance co's, but most of them. Happy sailing!:)

Archived