Where is Maurizio?

Linagrl

He is a pianist/singer who was on our Star Princess Antarctic in 2008. He is great. One

night he performed in the Atrium and drew crowds from all the other venues. It was a

formal night with the Champagne Waterfall. Every level was packed and people were dancing

in the aisles. We still have his autographed CD. WE are hoping he will be on Diamond next April

for our Asia/Canada cruise.

Edited by c-to-sea

The last time we had the pleasure of being entertained by Maurizio we learned that his wife was not well. Hope that has turned around for them. He is a marvelous musician and what a personality! Roger Carr is another Princess gem that we have enjoyed on several cruises. There are times when I feel as if the two of them provide the best entertainment by individuals on the ship.

Well we recently heard Maurizio is hanging up his "Cowboy boots" and "Keyboard" and is finally RETIRING (too tired)... Michael, Dan, Jason, Phil and I will be on the October 19 sailing on the Ruby - see you there Joanne! Karen/Terry

Edited by CALIGAL42

Hope it's one of those foolish Princess rumors but as we know there is always some "truth" in every rumor. Well only time will tell! In any event, Bert, Roger,Eric are fantastic too! Diamond is on our menu in February maybe we'll see him again or may not...mom and dad miss hime too! Joanne you appear to be in the know - can you elaborate?

Edited by CALIGAL42

We are on the October 2011 Ruby Princess cruise again, and, since we

know quite a few of our fellow travelers on this trip, many people are

saying that Maurizio will be on our cruise at this time. Some of our

travel mates actually know him well and keep in touch with him on a

regular basis. Many people on our roll call insist that he will be on our

trip. I personally have never met him but am anxious to. Friends of ours

can't praise him enough. Of course, like I said, things can change.

Joanne :)

• 1 month later...

We had the wonderful experience of being entertained by Maurizio on the Diamond last November, he is just fantastic. We play his CD more than any other in our collection. It would be great to see him perform again.

We are on the October 2011 Ruby Princess cruise again, and, since we

know quite a few of our fellow travelers on this trip, many people are

saying that Maurizio will be on our cruise at this time. Some of our

travel mates actually know him well and keep in touch with him on a

regular basis. Many people on our roll call insist that he will be on our

trip. I personally have never met him but am anxious to. Friends of ours

can't praise him enough. Of course, like I said, things can change.

Joanne :)

Joanne...I hope he is on your cruise...and if he is can I ask a Big, Big favor? I did not buy his CD when we were on the Ruby thinking I could another time..not smart on my part..but if he is really not going to be on Princess cruises anymore would you be so kind as to get me one I and I would sent you the money for it as well as the postage to mail?

I know this is "chutzpah" but I do not know any other way to get one..as Princess does not sell them on other ships. In fact we will be on the Emerald soon with Barrington "Barty" Brown and I have his CD which we sing along too when we are in the car "cruisin along"...

Thanks,

Anita

• 2 months later...

Don't know if this thread has been tied up somewhere else, so here goes....

We had the fantastic privilege of first hearing him on the Grand in '08, and then ended up booked on the Grand the next year -- again Maurizio at the keyboard! As we couldn't fit a cruise into our schedules in 2010, we took a year off, and then in Jan 2011 went on Coral through Panama Canal. Again, Maurizio was there: still (as always) "wow"ing the crowds. One the second last or final night of our cruise on Coral, he indicated to the crowd (yes, a real "crowd") that he was departing after the end of his present contract, to head back to Italy as he had an offer to work there on a prestigious theatrical musical, which would have at least a year's run. "But, you never know after that", he stated.

If you've never heard of him, he had people packed into the piano lounge, sitting on chairs in the walkways outside the lounge, people sitting on the stairwells, standing around on the railings one deck up, and you could even hear him in the cardroom one deck up. They gave him the "spotlight" in the lounge one night -- both the early and late shows, both filled to capacity in no time. Excellent entertainer!

His CD's (two of them at last count, as far as I know) would be real gems to add to a music collection!!

I notice someone has indicated his wife was not well -- we, too, hope that is just a bad rumour that's floating around.

• 1 year later...

Hello, I have just returned from the Grand Princess - Brazilian Adventure

18 days from Ft. Lauderdale to Buenos Aires - Maurizio is alive and well. He will be on the Grand until May 2013. His music as always - WOW - !!!:D

• 6 years later...