Wonder 15 Jan Itinerary change

dougburns

Was just notified that Mazatlan has been deleted from the cruise itinerary due to safety considerations. We'll have 2 nights in Cabo instead.

That's what DCL has been doing on the MR cruises since spring. Mazatlan was dropped some time ago. I'm glad they're concerned about our safety, but I think 2 days in Cabo (not overnight - 2 separate days) could be improved upon, somehow.

:)

I think pretty much all of the major cruise lines have stopped calling at Mazatlan for now. There's not many other options along the Mexico Pacific Coast other than 2 calls in one port. Ensenada is available, but it is so much further north, that it's not typically very warm in January.I agree that an overnight in Cabo would be better. Carnival, which also does the 2 separate days in Cabo, says that the reason they do not stay overnight is because the changing tidal conditions there could force them to leave in the middle of the night and not call the next day, potentially stranding cruisers who are not aboard. I'm sure it's the same thinking with Disney.

Archived