My Experience in CL with Kids

klove613

And who is to say which person is a "fit" adult? Many people have health issues that are not apparent to the naked eye. Assuming someone is hogging a chair when they could otherwise be standing is not right.

I think a "fit" adult sitting down will know who he or she is. It should not take someone else to ask them to get up to determine who they are if they see someone in need of a seat.

By the way, I've seen quite a few kids who have painful sports related injuries that you would not be able to see with the naked eye who may not want to be standing for periods of time either. Just because they are young does not mean they may not have their own health issues as well.

Seems very simple to me (but maybe I am just a simple guy)

RCI wants to sell suites at a premium price.

RCI says, “Book our premium suites, they are expensive but they rival the best suites our competition has to offer…. However, on our ships, you are not allowed to purchase alcohol by the bottle”

Customer says – “I don’t like that rule, I can buy bottles on (name the line) and the suites are cheaper or the same price”

RCI says - “Wait, you can have free drinks in the CL every evening, you don’t need a bottle in your suite”

Customer says – “Great, but I am traveling with my family and I understand the CL does not allow kids, why can’t I just buy a bottle or two for the adults in our suite? That way we can relax together before dinner. Maybe I should just book the other cruise line”

RCI – “Wait…..ummm…., No problem…., you don’t need a bottle in your suite, just bring the kids to the CL”

Customer – “Well that sounds ok, but the CL is really crowed, can’t I just buy a bottle or 2 for the adults in our suite?”

RCI- “Wait, Ummmm…... No… Ummm…… maybe we can change the rules for CL so it is not so crowded? Then you don’t need a bottle in your suite”

Could we please move on from the who should give up their seats to whom? I usually go to the CL with a group, and we sit together and get involved in discussing things we have a common interest in. For someone to expect one of us to give up our seat to a stranger might be a very nice thought, but not likely to happen. I'm guessing the person being offered the seat might not want to break up a group, anyway.

(I am a 62-year-old female. Who am I supposed to give up my seat for?)

I think you misread her post.

"AFTER DINNER" indicated that she left the lounge, returned after dinner and then observed the closing of the CL.

If that is the case then she wasn't there for a 3 1/2 hour "booze fest".

I read her post to mean that some people were, though. I've seen it happen quite a bit - people get there before the bar opens, drink until the WJ opens, run up for dinner, are back within 30 minutes and stay until closing.

Honestly, with all the other fun stuff there is to do on the ship (even for adults) I don't get it.

Yup...me too. Two women in cocktail garb, completely blocking most of the stairwell, and had to excuse ourselves just to get by them.

We found them still there an hour later, had to excuse ourselves to get by once again.

Did not look like a comfortable living room to me! :eek: Rude AND dumb. ;)

And gross.:eek:

Could we please move on from the who should give up their seats to whom? I usually go to the CL with a group, and we sit together and get involved in discussing things we have a common interest in. For someone to expect one of us to give up our seat to a stranger might be a very nice thought, but not likely to happen. I'm guessing the person being offered the seat might not want to break up a group, anyway.

(I am a 62-year-old female. Who am I supposed to give up my seat for?)

No, I want to keep talking about it!:p

What frosted me was going into a full CL on formal night and seeing a stack of chairs in the corner. I'm fit and could have taken a chair for myself, but silly me, I thought the Concierge might do it for me. No, he was busy on a personal call (completely OT, I know...)

RCI says, “Book our premium suites, they are expensive but they rival the best suites our competition has to offer…. However, on our ships, you are not allowed to purchase alcohol by the bottle”

Customer says – “I don’t like that rule, I can buy bottles on (name the line) and the suites are cheaper or the same price”

RCI says - “Wait, you can have free drinks in the CL

every evening, you don’t need a bottle in your suite”

Customer says – “Great, but I am traveling with my family and I understand the CL does not allow kids, why can’t I just buy a bottle or two for the adults in our suite? That way we can relax together before dinner. Maybe I should just book the other cruise line”

RCI – “Wait…..ummm…., No problem…., you don’t need a bottle in your suite, just bring the kids to the CL”

Customer – “Well that sounds ok, but the CL is really crowed, can’t I just buy a bottle or 2 for the adults in our suite?”

RCI- “Wait, Ummmm…... No… Ummm…… maybe we can change the rules for CL so it is not so crowded? Then you don’t need a bottle in your suite”

That is it exactly!

Many have predicted this as have I. The D+ will be evicted from the CL's soon. My guess is less than 6 months from now.

I also think Goldstein is having a good laugh at the foolish behavior and child bashing of so many "Loyal" guests. Yes, they are loyal alright as long as they get a handout.

The writing has been on the Wall for some time. I think that ever since the Diamonds were evicted from the CL's this was planned as well. RCL just tends to change the rules every 6 months or so. They change a rule or two and listen to the complaints and then move on.

Anyone wonder why they created the Emerald Class? I think we are about to find out.

Here is the cost for the GS on the Nov 29th INDY 18 day med cruise for a family of 4 sharing the suite. At this price I should be able to bring the kids, my mom, my gradma and my dog into the CL. But... I still can't get a bottle or 2 for the suite :rolleyes:

Inside cabin on the same cruise goes for $4500 for the same number of people.

I know this might be a price error on the website but it kind of drives home the point of doing whatever it takes to get the suites booked without price cuts or free upgrades.

Grand Suite

360 TOUR | PHOTOS

Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), private balcony, sitting area (some with sofa bed) and private bathroom. (387 sq. ft., balcony 126 sq. ft.)

• OCCUPANCY: Up to 4 Guests
  • deckplan Codes: gs.gif
  • decks:

Exclusive Rates

• Per Person Price
  • Guests 1-2: $100,448
  • Guests 3-4: $100,448

$401,792

USD

Here is the cost for the GS on the Nov 29th INDY 18 day med cruise for a family of 4 sharing the suite. At this price I should be able to bring the kids, my mom, my gradma and my dog into the CL. But... I still can't get a bottle or 2 for the suite :rolleyes:

Inside cabin on the same cruise goes for $4500 for the same number of people.

I know this might be a price error on the website but it kind of drives home the point of doing whatever it takes to get the suites booked without price cuts or free upgrades.

Grand Suite

[color=#0

073bb]360 TOUR[/color] | PHOTOS

Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), private balcony, sitting area (some with sofa bed) and private bathroom. (387 sq. ft., balcony 126 sq. ft.)

• OCCUPANCY: Up to 4 Guests
  • deckplan Codes: gs.gif
  • decks:

Exclusive Rates

• Per Person Price
  • Guests 1-2: $100,448
  • Guests 3-4: $100,448

$401,792

USD

Hahahahahah.......yes and if you pay those prices your kids should be allowed to ask a D+ member to give up their chair in the CL........

oh wait......maybe that is exactly what Royal Caribbean has in mind.

That is it exactly!

Many have predicted this as have I. The D+ will be evicted from the CL's soon. My guess is less than 6 months from now.

I also think Goldstein is having a good laugh at the foolish behavior and child bashing of so many "Loyal" guests. Yes, they are loyal alright as long as they get a handout.

The writing has been on the Wall for some time. I think that ever since the Diamonds were evicted from the CL's this was planned as well. RCL just tends to change the rules every 6 months or so. They change a rule or two and listen to the complaints and then move on.

Anyone wonder why they created the Emerald Class? I think we are about to find out.

.....finally, someone who lives in the REAL WORLD..BRAVO!!!!:)

We were also on the Radiance last December. We never got a seat at any time we visited. It appears some people come in, and stay the entire time. We would have to stand up, get one drink, have some munchies then leave. I don't think that is the purpose otherwise it would be larger with more seats. We ended up going down to the Diamond event instead.

Yes this is an issue. We usually stay about thirty minutes when we go. About one drink and then it's off to another lounge. Some people feel that they need to get there before five and suck down as much alcohol as possible in the time that they are there.

RCI says - “Wait, you can have free drinks in the CL every evening, you don’t need a bottle in your suite”

While RCI has very nice suites, other than Carnival their suite perks pale in comparison to NCL, HAL, Princess and Celebrity. Most of the time they are charging more than their competition. Of course as long as they continue to fill suites and get those higher premiums there will be no changes to suite perks.

I do think that D+ will get the boot soon from the CL. It's only a matter of time. When that happens, Diamond will get the boot from the Diamond lounge.

That is it exactly!

Colleen, there are also "loyal" Royals who are D+ and spend a great deal of money to cruise with RCI so not everyone is looking for a handout. Let's not lump all D+ into one group.:rolleyes:

While RCI has very nice suites, other than Carnival their suite perks pale in comparison to NCL, HAL, Princess and Celebrity. Most of the time they are charging more than their competition. Of course as long as they continue to fill suites and get those higher premiums there will be no changes to suite perks.

I do think that D+ will get the boot soon from the CL. It's only a matter of time. When that happens, Diamond will get the boot from the Diamond lounge.

Ouch - This will surely crash CC site!

m

Colleen, there are also "loyal" Royals who are D+ and spend a great deal of money to cruise with RCI so not everyone is looking for a handout. Let's not lump all D+ into one group.:rolleyes:

I'm not the person you addressed but since you quoted my post I will explain.

I agree that many D+ spend plenty on board and many of them sail in suites. I was referring to "so many" of the loyal guests being the ones that will walk away if they don't get the free drinks or the adult only environment and so on...

I have been reading this for days now. We are top tier clients and always book OS + and above incl. RS. It is really true that the Princess and HAL have killer perks we are Elite on Princess and many cruises on HAL, but we like RCCL. We have no children and we really could give a grunt if children are allowed in the CL. If children are creating problems we whould mention it to the Concierge and get a drink to go. Just our 2 cents worth.

snowman, a lot of time the concierge will not allow you to get a drink to go. And, with the new rules in place I don't think they will be very quick to want to deal with "problem" children. We do give a "grunt" about kids in the CL. It has always been our favorite before dinner time for a leisurely drink and quiet conversation.

Not sure I understand this. Could you provide more information. Thanks.

Oh my guess is Emerald was created to eventually be expanded. I think the point requirement for D and D+ will increase dramatically.

Until you get to Diamond now the point differential between tiers is roughly 25 points. Once Diamond it takes 95 points to reach D+ and once D+ it takes an almost laughable 525 points to reach Pinnacle. They will probably spread this out more. Just a guess.

Oh my guess is Emerald was created to eventually be expanded. I think the point requirement for D and D+ will increase dramatically.

Until you get to Diamond now the point differential between tiers is roughly 25 points. Once Diamond it takes 95 points to reach D+ and once D+ it takes an almost laughable 525 points to reach Pinnacle. They will probably spread this out more. Just a guess.

Yes I think so as well.

Ok thanks for providing the clarification.

So, you are saying that the adults are then allowed in the children's area?

......I can't even respond to that post......:confused:

This has got to be the most immature post ever written. Get a grip, sheesh!

Agreed.

Archived