My Experience in CL with Kids

klove613

Remember-you are entering an establishment that allows children. You have other options of places to go.

As do you. You apparently have taken this on as your life's work. Your opinion about the table situation is not the only one that counts.

I, as someone who has raised children, can understand wanting to have a quiet cocktail conversation with my spouse and other adults. While parents think they're own children are adorable, they are not ALWAYS so to others. I'd say the vast majority of us who have raised children have no problem with children perse, but there is a time and a place where we don't want them sitting with us.

From the report the elderly couple was asked a question and they honestly answered it. Nowhere in the post it is said they saved seats for others, or they actively stopped the family from sitting down there.

They were asked if they mind and they said they´d rather not have their company. Obviously this was even recognized by the Concierge and even s/he didn´t do anything about it.

As do you. You apparently have taken this on as your life's work. Your opinion about the table situation is not the only one that counts.

Yup!! because like I said. in no way shape of form will you convince me that 2 people taking up a table for 6 is OK.

funny thing is-my kids are all grown now and the more some type-the more I'd rather sit with a 3 year old then some entitled adult.

I'll take a break from my lifes work now,....................:D

Should have been clear that my post was referring to the DR, not the CL with tables for 2. In the CL, I usually go alone and don't mind if people sit with me. If they ask, I always invite them to take a seat. However, if I'm reading my Kindle (as I usually am), I'm not really looking for conversation. Really depends on my mood . . .

Yup!! because like I said. in no way shape of form will you convince me that 2 people taking up a table for 6 is OK.

funny thing is-my kids are all grown now and the more some type-the more I'd rather sit with a 3 year old then some entitled adult.

I'll take a break from my lifes work now,....................:D

I actually never said it was okay. Go back and read where I said we always let people sit with us.

Problem is you think you have a say in who people choose to sit and talk with. Funny thing is, children are not adults and putting them in adult situations will not make them so. Most kids will be bored to tears after only a few minutes, regardless of how "well behaved" they are.

We don't have to like the changes and telling people to go elsewhere if they don't want to be in the CL with children doesn't make you all warm and fuzzy either. It works both ways.

Entitled adult? Hmm. Anyone who has paid to use the CL is "entitled" to it so your statement makes no sense.

I don't have an issue with anyone telling me they really would prefer that I not join them at their table. That is the way it goes sometimes. I can understand people not wanting to be forced to sit with strangers or engage in forced conversation.

Seating is limited in the CL..and now many of those seats will be taken by children and perhaps many of the older pax will be forced to stand to have their drinks.

I'm sure some pax will be A OK with that particular scenario.:rolleyes:

Maybe the next time we see a table with open seats in the WJ..we'll just plop right down and occupy them, whether the current occupants care or not. After all if the place is crowded we are entitled to sit wherever we find a seat. Right?

Maybe we'll do the same if we choose to do MTD. We'll just sit in whatever seats we find to our liking..whether the other pax at the table want us there or not. No more cozy dinners for two pax if there are open seats at their tables.

If the rule is that if there are open seats anywhere on the ship pax can take them whether the current occupants like it or not things should get pretty interesting.:D

I do not want to sit at a table with children and I am sure they would prefer not to sit with us.

You have made that very clear as per your previous posts. It is to bad that someone with children that is about to ask can't read your mind.:)

We're talking about the CL not the WJ and in no way shape or form will anyone post anything that gets me to think 2 people holding up a table for 6 in the CL is OK.

If these 2 had such a burning desire for quiet time-buy a drink and take it to your room-end of story!!!

Trust me-they could sit at one end of the table and those 3 at the other and no conversation needed to intertwine!!

I absolutely agree. I really can't get my head around the rudeness.

So I guess it's not only Chuck E Cheese Happy Hour but now also Trailer Trash Happy Hour now.....nice:rolleyes:....good move Royal....pat yourselves on the back with this bonehead move. Told ya all you had to do was take away the rules and people would run wild with it.

I agree with Steve entirely. Children of any age do not belong in a bar and that's essentially what the lounge is. A bar type area for adults to relax, have a cocktail and meet other adults. And one should not be minus shoes or improperly dressed. It's the elegance and sophistocation I'm after. Now it seems its gone. Sorry, but that's MHO.

Archived