to and from miami port?

ankhmanra

I will be traveling with a group of four from the west coast for a cruise on the triumph in december. What I'm trying to decide is this: It is cheaper for me to fly into ft lauderdale than miami by quite a bit, but how much touble is there going to be in getting from there to miami port? Should I spend might in lauderdale or miami? Is it feasable to get a hotel in lauderdale with shuttle from the airport and then maybe a limo to miami port with the four of us, and about what would it cost? Any information would be appreciated.

dave:confused:

We are also cruising out of Miami but flying into Ft. Lauderdale. We are renting a car from Thrifty (under $40 - mid size - Taurus or similar) and driving to Miami where we will spend the night. We then return the car to Thrifty at the airport the next morning and they have a free shuttle to the cruiseport. This was much cheaper than $20/per person cab ride from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami and we will have the car for the evening to cruise around if we like. Just a suggestion but it's working out for us great. Check with the various rental car companies to be sure they have a free shuttle to the cruiseport. Thrifty does for sure and there are others too. Good luck!

OCND has the right idea.... However, IIRC, it's quite a bit more than $20pp for a cab ride from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami.

Anyway, I too retned a car from Thrifty. Best $40 I ever spent. Even with having to spend an additional $20 for valt parking at the hotel, it was still far cheaper than a limo or cab would have cost us. (Cheapest I found was $80 with a mandatory 15% gratuity! :O ) And as was mentioned, the b est thing about Thrifty is they also have a free shuttle to the port after you drop off the car. :)

We are also looking into this. Flying in from the west coast is a very long day, especially if you're taking kids. We have decided to just fly into Miami and get shuttles or cabs to our hotel the day before, and cab it to the port. When all was said and done, we figured we would only save about $100.00 dollars. With all the driving, schlepping luggage and whiny kids, it wouldn't be worth it. My husband decided his sanity was worth more!

Thanks for all the input. Now for the next part, Will the shuttle that takes you from the thrifty rental in miami airport also pick up at the port to do the same thing in return? Many shuttles only operate one way.

thanks

dve

South Florida traffic is very heavy and conjested. I would rather shoot myself than drive from Ft.Lauderdale to Miami after a cross country flight.

If you do decide to fly into FLL and rent a car, stay off I-95 from 7AM to 8PM. It's like a parking lot. Worse it there is a wreck. A1A is faster and a much nicer drive.

We just booked a NCL cruise for next Feb out of Miami and am having second thoughts. I'm not thrilled about it since in NY- there's only one airline that flys direct to Miami and the prices will be high. I just don't want to drag all of us from FLL to Miami and especially upon return! It just sounds like alot to fly- rent cars- shuttles- etc..

Archived