Promenade cabin on Voyager

Looking at B2B cruises from Barcelona to Singapore on Voyager next year. Are the Promenade cabins noisy? Do you feel like you have no privacy? Have never sailed with RCI before. Thank you

Depends when you retire for the evening, as all the noisy stuff is over by 11.30pm. They are fantastic for viewing the parades etc. that take place on Royal Promenade but those across from you (level and above you) will see your window....which has curtains!

Last time we were on Voyager we agreed it would have been a good cabin, and for our cruise in a couple of weeks we have been allocated a Promenade on our inside guarantee booking!

Noise really isn't an issue, a little noise during parades only. The only people that can see in your window are those in the cabins directlt across - just close the drapes.

The most important difference (other than the window) compared to a "normal" inside is that the small "living area" between bath and bed in an inside is broken into two smalled areas in a promenade - the area between bath and bed, and the second couch area next to the bay window. Some like this, som don't.

We'll be on that cruise - hope to see you!

Looking at B2B cruises from Barcelona to Singapore on Voyager next year. Are the Promenade cabins noisy? Do you feel like you have no privacy? Have never sailed with RCI before. Thank you

Nephew and his girlfriend had one a year ago.....they LOVED it! We were surprised how large it was....if we couldn't have a balcony, this would be our choice! Enjoy!

Do not pick a promenade cabin on the 6th floor when its over or near the pub as you will hear the music and it can go until 1:30 am. :(

I too like the promenade rooms and would choose again however 8th floor would be the lowest I would go now.

I love the sound of this itinerary. Having probs with the website. Can you tell me the dates this is please?

Gidday.

Have sailed PR on Mariner OS, and love 'em..We are taking one of same cabin location again in a month. Great window seats for watching the activity. Would not wish for an upgrade to outside.

If you chose level 6, you may have noise if above the pub etc. Otherwise, only really just "dull thuds" during parades etc. We have been on deck 8, but that is a little too high over the promenade in our opinion. Our preferred location is on 7, opposite the coffee shop. From there, the activities on the walkover bridge are also very viewable.. Only downside, is that double glazing is so good, you can't hear anything if you wanted too.

And, yes, close your "bedroom" drapes for dressing, as you would at home . You are really "on stage", when drapes are open and your lights are on.:eek:

You will enjoy... Guaranteed :D

Sue and Phil

I love the sound of this itinerary. Having probs with the website. Can you tell me the dates this is please?

30 April Barcelona to Dubai, then next cruise segment is Dubai to Singapore, think all up 26 days. No one seems to be selling it as a thru cruise. Some people are starting this cruise in New Orleans on 14 April. It is a repositioning cruise. Cheers

30 April Barcelona to Dubai, then next cruise segment is Dubai to Singapore, think all up 26 days. No one seems to be selling it as a thru cruise. Some people are starting this cruise in New Orleans on 14 April. It is a repositioning cruise. Cheers

OK. Thanks! Looks wonderful. Will need look into air fares.... not sure if I will be able to in 2012 though but it's right up my street!!

First time in Promenade cabin with RCI last November. We loved it. Our cabin was on Deck 7. We had great views of the activity but were high enough not to be disturbed by noise. Our cabin was over the Cafe and very convenient to elevators. We have another booked in November. Same kind of cabin again with RCI. Makes for a great pairing! Enjoy!

• 5 months later...

We're obviously odd men out.............. we absolutely hated the Promenade cabin! We were on deck 7 & had no problem with noise. We did have a problem with the lack of privacy & felt as if we had to have the curtains closed almost all the time. The view really wasn't all that great for the parades & the room set up stinks. There's very little room to walk past the foot of the bed & we felt like all it was missing was a traffic light!

We'll take a regular inside over a Promenade any time...........

For the link to the pictures of the window seats.

Our family is booked on our first RCI cruise in December and we have cabins booked on deck 8, wanted to avoid the noise from being closer to the Promenade.

When researching these cabins I saw a few posts stating that the window seats were too narrow to sit on! Imagine my alarm, they, the bay windows, were a key part of our decision to have that grade of cabin.

After seeing the photos I can see my ANZAC behind will fit for a sit down and crowd gazing session.;)

Will keep in mind the necessity for closing the curtains, you tube just isn't ready:o

Thanks again.

God bless you:)

TraceyG

Are you talking about 2013? I'm not sure if the Voyager is

doing that route again. I surely hope they do because I've

been waiting for the itineraries to come out. Do you know

something that we don't know??????

Archived