Avis car Skagway 2012

silkismom

They are a seasonal operation and do shut down after the end of the Alaska cruise ship season. I think it's great that they will take a reservation for next season but I would recommend that you check back in the spring and re-confirm your reservation.

I have called the Skagway rental office about reserving a car for next July. The employee I spoke with said to check online to make reservations in November. That is when they will know what and how many vehicles they will have and the prices will be ready for next year. I did ask about someone making a reservation already and was told that shouldn't have happened because they do not even know what their inventory will be or the prices. (They should definitely check back later and confirm their rental.) I called about 2 weeks ago and this is the infomation that was given to me.

Just back from Skagway and our cruise. We rented the Avis car and had a great day despite the cloudy, misty day. Be sure get Murrays' guide, best money we spent. Plenty of pullouts for photos and just plain looking around. We had a very clean and fuel efficent Elantra. Only took about 4 gallons of gas for the round trip to Emerald Lake. Enjoy your tour. Pat

Archived