NCL Star Price Drop!!!

CrazyCanuckCruzer

I'm pretty new to CC board and have been reading about all these people getting price drops for their upcoming cruises, so I decided to check things out for myself. On July 12th, we booked a cruise on the Star for October 21/2012. Just checked NCL's website and did a search for our cruise, which brought me to ***********. Low and behold, our cruise price dropped by $295 pp for our balcony cabin! You can bet your sweet potato that I called NCL right away and got the credit on our final payment!!! DH and I are so happy! Thanks CC for educating us on how to get better deals! We are cruising with SIS and her DH and they've got an inside cabin and their price dropped too, I so called them so they can get the better price as well!

Again, THANKS ALL for helping fellow cruisers.

(we're going cruising, we're going cruising) YAHOO!!!

UPDATE

My SIS called so she could take advantage of the price drop. In talking to NCL she found out that the new price was with *********** and NOT through NCL. This would mean that our booking with NCL would be cancelled and we would be on our own to make our air fare reservations, etc. *********** will not reserve a specific cabin until we arrive at the pier. What a screw-up. The NCL person I spoke to did not pick up what I said about *********** and said that we should be eligible for the new rate. So I called NCL right back and told them of my delima. They assured me that our NCL booking is still safe, and that someone from their administrative office would contact us in two-three days to confirm our change i.e. NCL booking to ***********.

So disappointed now, what a bummer. Just glad that our reservation with NCL is still intact. I guess this is a newbie mistake - believe me - it won't happen again.

At least we still have the price we originally booked for as NCL's prices have gone UP by $300!

I'm counting my lucky stars, on the NCL Star (LOL)

We are booked on this cruise too! Oct 2012 is a long ways off, but if you check out the itinerary (it's a repositioning cruise with only the one sail date from NY to NO) and the price - it really worth it to book 'early' ie. NOW. As said, prices for cabins have increased approx $300 pp from July when we booked to now (in only 3 months) And YES, it is a long ways off, therefore we are doing another cruise THIS November on the Sun, (Brother and Sister in Law are also doing a long cruise this Oct (right "CrazyCanuckCruiser!) and dare I say we are also doing a week long cruise with Carnival in February. This deal was just too good to not book now - and when we return from the others, we'll have something to look forward to! and the time does go by very quickly.

Happy Sailing!

Just a tip, since you are new. If you book through NCL then ONLY compare NCL prices to what you paid. That way you won't have to worry about losing your booking.

IF you use a travel agency you MUST always go through them, even to contact NCL for something. So the caveat here is to get a good agent so you know they will do your legwork for you.

Have a great time!!

I'm pretty new to CC board and have been reading about all these people getting price drops for their upcoming cruises, so I decided to check things out for myself. On July 12th, we booked a cruise on the Star for October 21/2012. Just checked NCL's website and did a search for our cruise, which brought me to ***********. Low and behold, our cruise price dropped by $295 pp for our balcony cabin! You can bet your sweet potato that I called NCL right away and got the credit on our final payment!!! DH and I are so happy! Thanks CC for educating us on how to get better deals! We are cruising with SIS and her DH and they've got an inside cabin and their price dropped too, I so called them so they can get the better price as well!

Again, THANKS ALL for helping fellow cruisers.

(we're going cruising, we're going cruising) YAHOO!!!

Come join the rollcall for the 10/21/12 cruise - Big Apple to Big Easy! The link is in my signature. Tons of info already for NYC and NOLA and everything in between. We even have a "sister thread" (link's in the signature line, too)!

And yes, the price has only GONE UP since we booked!

Oh, BTW, this particular Star cruise is the only one with a military discount (so far anyway).

Archived