Quickest way from Villefranche to Old Town Nice flower Market

Born4Travlin

Yes, just ask somebody to point the way to the nearest bus stop in Villefranche and than take the #100 bus in the direction of Nice (towards your left when looking inland). When the bus gets to the bus station it is about a 10 min walk to the Cours Selaya where they have the market. You will need a decent street map to find your way through the old town to the market so you might want to print-out a good street map.

Hank

I have heard of this #100 bus before and it seems to go from Nice to Monte Carlo? I guess my question would be, how often does it run? It must me very crowded? With one ship in port there are a lot of people getting off and with more than one ship, there must be a lot of people standing at the bus stop? Is the bus really a viable option?

I have heard of this #100 bus before and it seems to go from Nice to Monte Carlo? I guess my question would be, how often does it run? It must me very crowded? With one ship in port there are a lot of people getting off and with more than one ship, there must be a lot of people standing at the bus stop? Is the bus really a viable option?

You are correct. The #100 is the local bus (as compared to express) that runs between Nice and Monte Carlo along the lower coastal route (there are higher routes such as the Middle Corniche). The schedule of the 100 does vary a bit depending on the day of the week and time of day but as a rule its about every 15 - 20 min. We have never had an issue getting on the bus at Villefranche for several reasons. Many cruisers either do not use public transit or take the train. And, you must remember that Villefranche is a tender port which means the flow of passengers from ship to shore is spaced-out over several hours.

Hank

This is the bus time table page in English.

You can click on the bus stops to get to the google map. this is the timetable website...

http://www.lignesdazur.com/horaires/?rub_code=23

remember there are less buses on sunday and public holidays, as check if there are any issues on the day you travel like grand prix or carnival or government workers striking,, farmer rioting....etc.. the issue will affect all traffic, taxis and also the ship's tours...

also villefranche is a tender port and hence it can take forever to get off like hank said...time should be considered.

the walk from the port to the bus stop is uphill, everyone could do it, but depending on your group you should plan 10 - 20 mins....

The 100 Bus is probably the fastest. But another good way is to take the train, about a 5 minute walk from the pier. Then a 2o minutes walk from the nice station to the flower market but lots to see along the way. You can take the train back to Villefranche or carry onb to Cannes before returning.

The 100 Bus is probably the fastest. But another good way is to take the train, about a 5 minute walk from the pier. Then a 2o minutes walk from the nice station to the flower market but lots to see along the way. You can take the train back to Villefranche or carry onb to Cannes before returning.

Not only do you have the long walk from the train station to the old town (whereas the bus station is right on the edge of old twon) but the train costs more and runs less often. If the Flower Market is the goal then the #100 bus is a much better option and it only costs 1 Euro.

Hank

• 2 weeks later...

Archived