Printed Tour Brochures:Does Regent Still Provide Them?

blue whale

When we last traveled with Regent, we received a brochure in the mail describing the tours at each port. This time we have gone on line to view the available tours and booked what we wanted. However, it would be lovely to have a printed description as we had in the past.

Does Regent still provide the printed brochure of tours and does Regent send it to passengers before the cruise?:)

Unfortunately you won't receive the printed brochure of excursions until you receive you cruise documents, however you can have them all e-mailed to you as soon as they are available on-line. Just click on the e-mail request that shows up beside the ports/excursion menu of the cruise.

To me, several years into the era of online excursion booking, it doesn't make sense that they still send out the printed list only shortly before you leave for your cruise. A large number of passengers will have already booked or at least reviewed the excursions online, and those who don't are at a disadvantage to their more technically advanced cruisers. Why not send the list out as soon as the excursions are finalized (which I assume would be shortly before or after they now are available for booking online), or at least as soon as final payment is completed?

(I don't see the option to have the excursion list emailed to me for my upcoming cruise, but maybe that's because I've already booked some excursions?)

What I wish they would do is allow you to download a PDF version of the excursion descriptions they now send out with the final documents. I like being able to view all the excursions for a port in one place, versus the current online method of viewing one excursion at a time. It would be simple for Regent to take the version they now print and mail, save it as a PDF, and allow passengers to click one button to download the PDF at the time excursion bookings open.

-- Eric

To me, several years into the era of online excursion booking, it doesn't make sense that they still send out the printed list only shortly before you leave for your cruise. A large number of passengers will have already booked or at least reviewed the excursions online, and those who don't are at a disadvantage to their more technically advanced cruisers. Why not send the list out as soon as the excursions are finalized (which I assume would be shortly before or after they now are available for booking online), or at least as soon as final payment is completed?

(I don't see the option to have the excursion list emailed to me for my upcoming cruise, but maybe that's because I've already booked some excursions?)

What I wish they would do is allow you to download a PDF version of the excursion descriptions they now send out with the final documents. I like being able to view all the excursions for a port in one place, versus the current online method of viewing one excursion at a time. It would be simple for Regent to take the version they now print and mail, save it as a PDF, and allow passengers to click one button to download the PDF at the time excursion bookings open.

-- Eric

Eric,

Regent does make a PDF version of the excursion descriptions available. It usually becomes available about a week before the first day excursions may be booked online. To get the PDF, go to the itinerary page of the cruise, click on any port name except the embarkation and disembarkation port(s). You'll see a link to the right of the port name that says: "Receive All Available Tours Via E-mail." Click on that link, supply an e-mail address and you'll have the file in a minute or two.

Here's the link from your cruise: http://www.rssc.com/cruises/MAR111216/EYW/2/portsexcursions.aspx. Hope this helps.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks, I see it now. What's odd is that you don't get that link when you're looking at your excursions on the Booked Cruises part of the website. After we're booked, I just click once to go to Booked Cruises -- it didn't occur to me that I had to go find my cruise in the general part of the website to find more information for my booked cruise! ;)

-- Eric

My feelings are similiar to cruisee - we don't need those books before the cruise. I cannot recall a time I ever took the booklet with us as they are full of information on ports we were not going to and excursions we were not taking.

I was aware that there was a link (thank you Davefr) but did not know where it was. Another small cost savings would come from posting the link 240 days prior to the cruise and having a spot to indicate that you would prefer to have a list mailed to your home. It is doubtful that even 50% of the passengers will request it by mail.

I was aware that there was a link (thank you Davefr) but did not know where it was. Another small cost savings would come from posting the link 240 days prior to the cruise and having a spot to indicate that you would prefer to have a list mailed to your home. It is doubtful that even 50% of the passengers will request it by mail.

As I mentioned above, Regent has been adding the PDF excursion link about a week before the first day excursions may be booked online (180 days at present and 240 days for Concierge Program cruises).

I just checked and the May 13, 2012 Voyager cruise (245 days from today) has the link while the May 20, 2012 cruise (252 days from today) does not have the link yet.

Dave

Archived