is it difficult to get handicapped cabin

tinypat01

we have been on 3 cruises so far 2 on royal 1 on celebrity but now I have to use a scooter to get around planning a cruise in Nov or

dec wonder how we gat a handicapped cabin tried to book online they assigned us a cabin tried to change it no luck any suggestions?? thanks

we have been on 3 cruises so far 2 on royal 1 on celebrity but now I have to use a scooter to get around planning a cruise in Nov or

dec wonder how we gat a handicapped cabin tried to book online they assigned us a cabin tried to change it no luck any suggestions?? thanks

In general those of us that need HC Cabins book a year in advance or even more.

If you mean November 2011 many of those cruises are now past the final payment period and the cruise line has opened any unsold inventory ( including HC Cabins ) to the general public. Though RCCL says that someone in an HC Cabin that does not need an HC cabin will be bumped , it often doesn't actually happen.

December 2011 has not gone into the final payment period . There could still be a HC cabin available but the question than becomes if it's in the catagory that your want.

As the other poster stated you really need to call RCCI directly. Suggest that if no HC cabins are available than ask the RCCI rep if any were assigned as gaurantees to able body persons after the final payment period ? If so than ask if that individual(s) could be assigned to another cabin so you could have the HC cabin ? This generally required RCCL to contact the individual(s) to get the cabin released if Rccl has another cabin for them .

Good Luck !

I have never been able to book an HC cabin for my mom by simply going online. I have always called RC reservations to book, but like xxoocruiser said, I have usually booked cruises at least a year in advance to ensure we can get the date and cabin type we want. The closest we've ever booked to sail date was about 8 months. That time we had to be flexible because the first couple dates we wanted either didn't have any HC cabins available or the cabin type we wanted was already sold out.

Try calling RC directly to see if they have any HC cabins available for your sailing. I hate to bear bad news, but don't be surprised if nothing is available this close. If your schedule is flexible, you can try different dates or ships to see what they can do.

Archived