All Aboard for CC's 1st Ever "HAL-O-Ween Dam Cruise"

Well, after being a bit skeptical about this group cruise (I don't post much-have been reading these boards for a while though :) ) I think it's sounding better and better all the time! What a great bunch of people!

I mentionned it to my DH, and he is interested in finding out more!

So, count us in as a "maybe"!! (and I can't think of a better way to spend my birthday, which is Oct. 29th!!):D

We're "youngins", I am 30, DH is 33, and we've done 2 cruises! Married for almost 2 years, together for over ten (We're DINKS!)

I have a couple of questions- how does the deposit/final payment work? We've booked fairly last minute in the past, and have always paid everything at once. Is the deposit refundable? Until when?

Also, I take it there won't be any problems booking with the TA if we aren't in the USA?

Looking forward to chatting with all of you!!

Grenouille, welcome. I have you down as a "maybe". There will be more info very soon. Once we have the web page up with the TA info on it, you can contact them directly to get any of those kinds of questions answered.

In fact, I've just emailed CC asking them if all the HAL policies apply in a group cruise. As I'm sure you know, usually your deposit is refundable up until the final payment is required. Of course, I recommend that everyone get travel insurance. I would never cruise without it.

There will be much more info on this very soon so just watch carefully.

I have had time to relax, take a deep breath, get a diet Coke and think this through. I am so sorry if I have offended anyone with this whole table thing. Obviously, Laura and I had decided to share a table. We both like the 8:00 Upper. And then 2 other people were interested in joining us so that was it. The 5th couple is iffy.

I honestly never thought anyone would think that was out of line in any way. I never would have even brought the subject up but Thuleux asked about when was everyone eating so I mentioned it in passing. I am so upset that anyone's feelings were hurt.

We are all such a great group. I can't imagine anyone here that I wouldn't want to share a table with, but it just can't be done.

So! Brian has graciously offered to take on an additional title! Not only is he the Dam Host and Chief Merrymaker for our pre-cruise event, but he is now the Dam Host for table sittings! How he is going to pull this off I have no idea. But all I can say is "better him than me";)

No matter how you look at it, I don't see how anyone can go wrong here. Love you guys. Please forgive.

Finally!!! Yikes! I've been trying to get back on here ever since my last post with no luck.

I did not hear back from LauraS, but decided to post what she sent me anyway. Just don't hold me to it, okay? But it gives you an idea of where we're at. I think this is pretty much what it will be with maybe a little tweaking here and there.

So here it is exactly as Laura sent it to me:

Inside (Cat J): $ 802.18 pp

Oceanview (Cat D): $ 915 pp

Balcony (VC): $ 1035 pp

Suite (Cat SS): $ 1449 pp [Triples ONLY- NO QUADS]

Rates are based on double occupancy and include the port charges and gov’t fees.

Single (Cat K): $ 1099 pp

3rd/4th rates are subject to change and vary depending on the age of the passenger….currently the rates are as follows for all the above mentioned categories:

Adult (19 years or older): $ 569

Minor (18 years or younger): $ 485 pp

amenities,

Pinnacle Grill Experience, (for two)

Cocktail party (8 cabin minimum)

2 bottles of wine per stateroom, served at dinner

Cruise Critic Magnets (one per stateroom)

Cruise Critic Lanyards (one per person)

15% discount on all Cruise Critic Logowear

Deposit amount: $350 per person by April 22 2005 (I'm working on getting this pushed back a week)

Final payment due 8/6/06 (Ditto)

So, just for clarification, at the moment, the below catagories are the only ones avaliable to us?

Inside (Cat J)

Oceanview (Cat D)

Balcony (VC)

Suite (Cat SS)

Single (Cat K)

Thank you Heather for the information!! :)

No, Iggi, not so at all. See my post above. In some cases, you'll have to call the TA to get prices on other categories. But these prices give you a pretty good idea of the range.

They will list just a few categories, but others will be available on request. Just be aware that the earlier you book the more likely you can get the category you want because HAL will only release a certain # of cabins in a category at once. Right now it's mostly Verandah cabins.

I want to mention I'm having a lot of trouble getting on the boards right now so if you ask a question and I don't answer, that's why. You can always email me.

Ziggy--

I'm sure we won't be keeping our places for the whole week -

I hope to swap places at tables with folks so we can all spend lots of time together. I can't wait to get to know everybody here!

I'm sure that we can arrange to get a few large tables grouped together...

...so we won't disturb the other passengers!!! :eek:

Brian,

I understand from Heather's post that you have now taken on another title - "Dam Host". Just wanted to let you know that DW and I are real flexible about DR assignments. We would like a dining time which would include the majority of our group.

Richard & Judie

Oh, C'mon!!! What are you trying to do to me:( ??!! Everyone knew we couldn't get a table for 40 or 50 people. And obviously EKerr and I were going to sit together. A couple of others asked if we could make a table and we said "yes". It never occurred to me that anyone would even think twice about it ... honestly!!!

I don't think there will be any problem having our tables grouped together for each seating. Obviously there will be those preferring 5:45pm, 6:15pm - 8:00 and 8:30pm ... I am hopeful we can get table groupings within each time frame to accomodate everyone.

There have been discussions between many of us - on the boards and also via personal email about how fun a cruise like this would be, and how much we would enjoy meeting & cruising together. Personally, I hate to see this issue get out of hand - especially this early in the process. I believe there will be ample opportunity, especially as people choose to dine in the Pinnacle, to make table swaps.

DH & I are very flexible and open to just about any arrangements. I also know that this table assignment in question was not meant to specifically include or exclude anyone... it just sort of happened on it's own and I certainly hope there are no hard feelings. As I said, DH & I would be happy to swap on a few nights too! :)

Since Brian graciously offered to be our Dinner DamHost, I'm sure he can work with the table arrangements.

I want to say again that I think jumping tables is just not a good idea. It's confusing for the Stewards because they can't possibly keep track of us or what we want. And tipping correctly becomes an impossibility.

As for me, looks like room service will be the best thing.14

Since Brian graciously offered to be our Dinner DamHost, I'm sure he can work with the table arrangements.

I think this would be a perfect solution!

As for me, looks like room service will be the best thing.14
Not on your life!!!

No room service - at least not for dinner! :)

Oh my gosh everyone, I was just joking. I understand totally how it would happen for some of you to get together :) My DH has to eat early so we will not be joining the late group, if others want to get together thats great too! After all we are going on a cruise to have fun!

I'm sorry I did not post sooner as I had to leave to take my FIL who lives in our little house out back to urgent care as we think he may have had a stroke, they ran some tests and sent us all home. We are hoping and praying he didn't.

Again I'm sorry if I got anyone upset with my statement, I guess for me its hard to express emotions on here. But I think your all a great group and think we will all have a blast! :)

I'm sorry I did not post sooner as I had to leave to take my FIL who lives in our little house out back to urgent care as we think he may have had a stroke, they ran some tests and sent us all home. We are hoping and praying he didn't.

Ziggy, I hope your FIL is ok - we wil have him in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know.

Again I'm sorry if I got anyone upset with my statement, I guess for me its hard to express emotions on here. But I think your all a great group and think we will all have a blast! :)

I am so glad you were not upset! This cruise will be a blast! :eek:

Thanks for the prices Heather :) Do they seem lower to everyone ???? I havent done any chgecking on prices so I cant tell :)

Also, for those who get aft suites, are they noisy from the engines ??? and is there much more movement just because they are aft ????

Thanks ekerr, appreciate it, also glad your finally feeling better, I was sorry you had to be sick on your cruise !

:)

Ziggy, I can't believe you put this important stuff aside to take FIL to urgent care! First things first! KIDDING! Seriously, I hope he's okay and that it was a false alarm. That is very scarey when something like that happens. I'll certainly put him in my prayers tonight and thank you for coming back on to post.

Because I feel so much better:) . I had a feeling you were kidding, but couldn't tell for sure. When you didn't post again I thought "uh oh!". I'm so glad I got on here one last time tonight so I'll sleep better. I would have had dreams of HAL setting up a table for 50 in the middle of the room. Talk about a nightmare!!!

Still, it's good it happened because it added to Brian's job of DamHost. Otherwise he would have been done after the pre-cruise party!!! Now we'll keep him very busy. Maybe he can join the Maitre D!!!

P.S. Ziggy, from the comparisons I have gotten here and there, I think the prices are excellent and basically beat most of them and were within $50 of one other. Could you get them for a few $$$ less if you shopped around a lot? Maybe. But would you be part of as great a group as this???

Not hardly .....;)

Ziggy, I can't believe you put this important stuff aside to take FIL to urgent care! First things first! KIDDING! Seriously, I hope he's okay and that it was a false alarm. That is very scarey when something like that happens. I'll certainly put him in my prayers tonight and thank you for coming back on to post.

Because I feel so much better:) . I had a feeling you were kidding, but couldn't tell for sure. When you didn't post again I thought "uh oh!". I'm so glad I got on here one last time tonight so I'll sleep better. I would have had dreams of HAL setting up a table for 50 in the middle of the room. Talk about a nightmare!!!

Still, it's good it happened because it added to Brian's job of DamHost. Otherwise he would have been done after the pre-cruise party!!! Now we'll keep him very busy. Maybe he can join the Maitre D!!!

Awwwww Heather, I'm sorry you were worried, I really didnt mean for that to happen. Sweet dreams my friend :) Thanks for the prayers too!

As for Brians new job, eeeks is that going to cost me a drink now! If it does my FIL better get his wallet out hehehehe!

Heather,

Thanks for posting the prices. Now I just have to tell HH (Hottie Husband) that we need to put the deposit down by 4/22. We just spent 9 days in Mexico so this is going to take some work. HHHHMMMMM, I think martini's and candlelight are the order for the night. ;) Wish me luck!!

Susan, sorry about your fall, and Ziggy, all the best thoughts for you FIL! :)

I think that maybe "MaDam of Costumes" isn't for me. :(

I keep asking for some input and other then Heather, so one comments. I definitely had planned on putting this on a another thread when we have our own site, but just wanted to know if the Non-Costume people are willing to try and work a little with the Naughti-cal Theme, so I will have some direction when I start the thread.

I guess I just get too enthusiatic and involved and get discouraged when it seems some people are more concern about who is going to eat with whom, rather then focusing on us as a group, and the fun we are going to have!

If Anyone wants to take over this job, I will be happy to give it up. That way we can just focus on the happy aspects of this upcoming Cruise on our own.

My ideas of good heathly topics are:

Meeting all of you, fun at HMC, Martini's and yes, the Masquerade Ball! For me life is too short to worry "Who's Who at the dinner table" Sorry, but thats JMHO!

Rita

Susan, sorry about your fall, and Ziggy, all the best thoughts for you FIL!

I think that maybe "MaDam of Costumes" isn't for me.

I keep asking for some input and other then Heather, so one comments. I definitely had planned on putting this on a another thread when we have our own site, but just wanted to know if the Non-Costume people are willing to try and work a little with the Naughti-cal Theme, so I will have some direction when I start the thread.

I guess I just get too enthusiatic and involved and get discouraged when it seems some people are more concern about who is going to eat with whom, rather then focusing on us as a group, and the fun we are going to have!

If Anyone wants to take over this job, I will be happy to give it up. That way we can just focus on the happy aspects of this upcoming Cruise on our own.

My ideas of good heathly topics are:

Meeting all of you, fun at HMC, Martini's and yes, the Masquerade Ball! For me life is too short to worry "Who's Who at the dinner table" Sorry, but thats JMHO!

Rita

Rita, thanks for the well wishes for my FIL. I'm sorry I didnt respond to your request, I quess I missed it some how. I like the Nautical theme, that I can work with :) I can be simple yet part of the group :)

Dont worry about everyone responding to you as much right now,it's not personal, people are holding back as they are not real sure its a done deal for them, now that the prices are out, more people with have a better idea if they can afford it. Once we become a roll call thread it will go smoother :) Patience little grasshopper :)

Rita....

I'm sorry to not be able to respond to your question yet. I can't get into that conversation until we can find out the terms for our "S" suite. Can't even know we'll be going until then.

Archived