All Aboard for CC's 1st Ever "HAL-O-Ween Dam Cruise"

Just checking in with the mouse in one hand and a Cosmo in the other! What a wonderful way to look forward to a cruise! Hubby is at the beach so afraid I'm drinking alone tonight, but since most of the other cruisers are also lifting a glass, guess I'm not really alone!

Heather, we'll be two unless I can convince other cruisiing buddies to join CC and the cruise! I'll let you know when the pricing comes out.

Ziggy,

I know that our cruise is a way off, but DW and I will sail on Zuiderdam on Oct.1, 2005 and I will make it a point to get you an up-to-date on cabanas at that time.

Richard & Judie

Thank You very much! All the help will be wonderful! Pictures too if you can, otherwise dont worry, just enjoy HMC :)

Igggy girl, get well soon!

Welcome aboard Brfan !!!

Marie, so glad your joining us as well :)

Hang in there Lisa , Brooke will come around as time is closer :)

Toast already then Trubey!!! hehehehe, you'll still be under the infulence when you go to work if you wait much longer hehehehe :)

I would guess Lane and Susan have gone to bed by now! Sure hope Susan had her toast at 11:00. She should get special dispensation for being in Portugal.

DFD! I have a question for you. How are you going to go on RevNeal's 10/2 cruise for 15 days and then come on ours on the 29th!!!? That's a lot of cruising!!!:D

Iggi, do you know how much alcohol is in Nyquil? That's my treat when I get a really bad cold ... I take Nyquil (even though I don't drink). I sleep like a baby:D . I don't drink the cherry one though ... I like the green one.

How come nobody said anything about my picture of Brian at the bar:eek: ?

DFD! I have a question for you. How are you going to go on RevNeal's 10/2 cruise for 15 days and then come on ours on the 29th!!!? That's a lot of cruising!!!:D
I was thinking the same thing :) :confused:

How come nobody said anything about my picture of Brian at the bar:eek: ?
hahaha I missed it. good one Heather!

I missed it too! Sorry, too many links to click on! And, for some reason at work, all your pictures (Heather) don't appear on the screen, but at home they do. And, I apologize for any typos--I have no had 2 Cosmos and a glasss of the red wine that DH was drinking.

Cheers,

Lisa

P.S. Going to bed now, because DH has retired for the night and left me in the family room watching American Idol all by my lonesome.

Lisa, that was supposed to be "A" toast (as in one drink;) ). Perhaps you misunderstood and had a drink everytime 7:00 hit each time zone!!! :D .

I just want to let everyone know I won't be back online tomorrow until late afternoon so don't think I fell off the face of the earth:) I'm leaving early in the a.m. to go down to Fort Lauderdale to pick up EKerr (Laura) and her family and have lunch with them at the Bimini Boatyard Bar & Grill!!

Can't wait to hear about their cruise and fill her in on ours!!!

Time will not be the problem.... Money will.

I left it with Greg+ so that he understands that it depends on the pricing.

The Caribbean cruise wil have priority because we are closer to FLL and will drive to the ship. We would fly to the port for the Hawaii cruise.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. I held up my little green Nyquil cup and said "Here's to the dam HAL-a-weeners!"

My cats think I'm the craziest human they've ever known.

And yes, Nyquil is 24% alcohol, so I'll be wandering off to bed very shortly before I fall over!

Woohoo..only 19 months!

I'm leaving early in the a.m. to go down to Fort Lauderdale to pick up EKerr (Laura) and her family and have lunch with them at the Bimini Boatyard Bar & Grill!!

Can't wait to hear about their cruise and fill her in on ours!!!

Have a wonderful time Heather! Remember the pictures :) Give ekerr a hug for me too! Hope she's feeling better, dont think so though, cause if she was she would have been online more knowing her hehehehe :)

Heather Have a great time! Anxious to hear about Laura's Cruise, pricing on our Cruise and and and-- Guess I better go to bed. Last night off before going back to work on night shift! Maybe I should be a Vampire. Is there such a thing as a Nautical Vampire??? :D

Rita

Well, I feel so bad for EKerr. She just called and she is terribly sick. Much sicker the past 2 days than the rest of the cruise so they did manage to have a pretty good time. But she's much too sick to be going out to lunch and laugh it up with the likes of me:D ! She sounded terrible.

They're going to try to get an earlier flight out of FLL ... she just wants to be home. So even if she doesn't come online and post (although she's dying to catch up), she promised to call me later to let me know how they made it home.

Yes, Ziggy, you're right. She said she had a ton of internet time left over. I was surprised when we didn't hear from her the past couple of days. I hope she gets thoroughly checked out when she gets home because she's been way too sick for way too long.

So here I am with an empty day to fill!!!! Maybe I'll just sit here and bug all of you:D .

Just so you all won't worry I did not drink 17 Martinis lastnight. Only two, I really don't like Martinis but didn't want to be unsociable. DW had her normal Gin and Tonic what a party pooper. Even though we sail on the "O Dam" this Saturday DW and I are looking forward to this cruise with much anticipation. :eek:

I feel soooo bad to hear about Laura being ill for so long. She was sick for days before they left, her whole cruise and is still feeling so awful. I hope she gets off to her doctor immediately. What a shame to have felt ill her whole cruise.

And I'm sure you are disappointed, Heather, you will no be meeting them for lunch. I'm sorry for your disappointment.

Thanks, Sail! Yes, I am disappointed. But I feel worse that Laura is feeling so ill. She really needs to get completely checked by her doctor because this is just too long to be ill. If 10 days at sea doesn't clear up a bronchial condition, then something else is going on.

Heather--

Please send Laura our good wishes when you hear from her next - it's a shame that the warm weather didn't dry her bronchitis out...

BTW - I did my share of toasting last night, tho I drink Manhattans. They taste much like NyQuil, you know. Heather, maybe you should try one - for medicinal purposes, of course...;)

Brian, I'm not sure I could convince myself that a Manhattan qualifies as a medicinal drink. That would be a bit of a stretch;) . As I may have mentioned before, I used up my lifetime allotment of alcohol almost 20 years ago. Although both DH and I agreed that if we are lucky enough to reach 85 years of age, we'll start again. LOL.

Not to worry, everyone! Even though we don't drink we can reach an intoxicated level just by breathing in the air around us!!!:D And we still feel great in the morning ... so it's the best of both worlds.

Here I am at 20:

201106d%2520beachbargirl-pp.JPG ............... and nowgirl_wreck20.jpg Well, the age may be a little off, but you get the basic idea.:D

So sorry I didn't check in at "Toast Time" last night. Gina and I had our Pusser's Painkillers and toasted to ur HAL - Ween cruise. I couldn't get on line as DD#2 was writting a paper on the computer (The NERVE!). Couldn't even got on until now today as I've been in meetings since 8:00.

I'm glad to see more folks are thinking of joining us, this should be a real lively cruise!

Time will not be the problem.... Money will.

I left it with Greg+ so that he understands that it depends on the pricing.

The Caribbean cruise wil have priority because we are closer to FLL and will drive to the ship. We would fly to the port for the Hawaii cruise.

That's my situation too. RevNeal's cruise looks like it's gonna be a ton of fun ... but then this one does too. I'd love to be able to do both ... but in my case, time AND money are the problem. With my 30-dayer in January, I'm gonna be counting on personal days to make this cruise. I just pray to God nothing happens during the year requiring me to use those days. If so, I guess I'll just have to play sick in order to conserve them. :)

There is no way I would have enough days to do RevNeal's 15-day Hawaii. I can only do this one by flying in the morning of the cruise, and then reporting right back to work on the night I get back from the cruise. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Heather so sorry about laura, please let her know she is in our prayers for a speedy recovery! I too am sorry for your disappointment of not getting to meet them, you were so excited all week, well there is always next time :)

As far as the drinking thing, my DH has not had a drink in 25 years, he drank all his 50 years worth when he was in his 20's. Me I am a light weight and dont like the feeling of being drunk, but I can have just as much fun as you all and not feel it the next morning hehehehe. Very well said Heather and those pics look like you too :) hehehe well ok maybe just the first one :)

Bon Voyage mechcc! Have a great time and think of us all back here waiting for your review :)

%2523440BonVoyage.jpg Yes, mechcc, Bon Voyage!!! Have a fabulous time:D . I'm afraid I missed that you were leaving so soon. My mind is a sieve:o .

Rita and Don, I agree that the Hawaii cruise should be amazing, but there is no way we could take that amount of time ... never mind what I imagine it's going to cost plus airfare both ways!!! We're doing a 14-night this October out of LA, but it ends up in FLL so we only have the one way fare which I can get on SWA for a little over $100 pp. So no Hawaii for us next year!

I haven't been following who is thinking of joining that cruise, but I have to say I think our group is fabulous. I'm so impressed with the excitement we've been able to sustain over the past few weeks!

Laura (EKerr) sometimes comes to our area on business so I'm hoping we'll get to meet up before our cruise. It's funny that I had a sense she was going to call this morning. When she didn't post for a few days, I had a bad feeling she wasn't well.

I toasted our cruise AND my oldest DD 16th birthday yesterday with a delicious Diet Coke! What a strange feeling to meet her at the restaurant for dinner!

And, I would like to point out that it only took me 35 years to drink my lifetime allotment. Whenever offered, I always reply, "thanks, but I've had enough!" DH loves his bourbon and coke now and then, and usually has a top-notch box of wine around the house! ;)

Beth

Archived