shuttle service tip

NJLVW

Does anyone know what the norm is for tipping the shuttle service driver? Is it a percentage of fare? Is it a per bag fee? I am so confused. Thanx in advance.

I am using one in October and the gratuity suppose to be included in the price but I'm still going to tip him another $10.

It depends - for a hotel shuttle ride of 5 minutes (to hotel or from hotel to airport) $5-8 per couple, depending upon luggage and hustle. For a 30-40 minute shuttle ride, such as from FLL to POM or back, at least $5-8 per person.

Good luck! :)

Thank you everyone. It seems the shuttle service people that I have spoken to say to tip between 16-20% of the fare. I called a few places today to get more of an idea of pricing from Orlando airport to a hotel in cape canaveral. They seem to range from 50 - 100 dollars plus tax, plus tip. I did check out the ones recommended. How do you know who to go with??? I guess I will chose the one who is the most pleasant like I did with the hotel. :D:D

Do you happen to look at the "New I Work In Port Canaveral thread"? Good info to be found there.

A few years ago, we used Tiffany Town Car from MCO to our Disney cruise.

The service was fine but it is not a recent recommendation.

I am using one in October and the gratuity suppose to be included in the price but I'm still going to tip him another $10.

If the tip is already included in the final amount due, I wouldn't add to it unless the driver goes way above and beyond the normal safe drive, handling bags, etc.

We sometimes choose between a shuttle services to OHare from our home and both include a hefty gratuity. It is labeled as that and added on top of the drive rate. It guarantees that the drivers DO get their tip.

So ...just saying...if you feel you need to tip twice, then go for it.:confused:

If the tip is already included in the final amount due, I wouldn't add to it unless the driver goes way above and beyond the normal safe drive, handling bags, etc.

We sometimes choose between a shuttle services to OHare from our home and both include a hefty gratuity. It is labeled as that and added on top of the drive rate. It guarantees that the drivers DO get their tip.

So ...just saying...if you feel you need to tip twice, then go for it.:confused:

Definately agree. I am planning on tipping an additional $10 because most drivers are helpful, pleasant, loads our luggage, etc. If he doesn't or seems rude, he'll get nothing extra.:eek:

Archived