Diamond Lounge on the Grandeur

elsie3939

Does anyone know if there is/or will be a diamond lounge on the Grandeur. We have booked a 14 day TranAtlantic in October and I can't seem to find any info on there being an Diamond/Concierge Lounge for Diamond Crown & Anchor members. We will be Diamond Plus 1/2 way through the cruise. Help!!! is there a address for us to e-mail someone about this???

Does anyone know if there is/or will be a diamond lounge on the Grandeur. We have booked a 14 day TranAtlantic in October and I can't seem to find any info on there being an Diamond/Concierge Lounge for Diamond Crown & Anchor members. We will be Diamond Plus 1/2 way through the cruise. Help!!! is there a address for us to e-mail someone about this???

I was on the TA in the Spring and the Diamond event was held in part of the Viking Crown Lounge each evening. Mind you, we had a very quiet sailing and there were very few D/D+ on board.

By the way, you may have enough points by half way through the cruise, but surely your status only changes next time you cruise?

Grandeur does not have a Concierge Lounge nor does it have a specific Diamond Lounge. You will have a nightly Diamond Event where you will be served complimentary champagne, wine and soft drinks. All other drinks can be purchased for 25% off their normal price.

Unfortunately you will not earn your points until you have completed your cruise so your new level will not be recognized until your next cruise.

Many thanks to all of you who responded. I was pretty sure that we would not get diamond plus benefits until the next cruise. We moved from platinum to diamond mid-way thru a cruise, too, and had to wait for next cruise to get benefits. (We even considered trying to fit in a 7 day cruise before this one to get bumped up)...

Just being assured that we will have a place to relax before our 8:30 dinner with our glass of wine, conversations with some fellow cruisers, and some tide-over munchies was our main concern. I always love the Viking Crown lounge, so I do hope that is where our "event" will be held most nights.

@ Cotswold Eagle: I think our crossing will also be very quiet. But, like most things, it will be a mixed blessing!

Again thanks for all your answers.

Just off Grandeur on Sunday. We are d+ and as you have been already told only a nightly event from 5pm-8pm in the the viking crown lounge. Make no difference as apart from wine in state room no D+ perks.The bartenders at the event are really good at keeping the wine glasses topped up! We did my time dining and the waiters service was first class as was the food. A very pleasant dining experience.We used the diamond area in the main dining room for breakfast for the first time and enjoyed the large lattes!!!

Archived