Suggestions for Toddler Snacks

cruisingin2011

Looking for suggestions to use as toddler snacks. We eat small snack meals throughout the day instead of three large meals.

I know the obvious answer would be whatever he eats at home is best. We live in Canada and our brands etc. can be different. I will be shopping in Florida before boarding. Also, love to try new things that we can not get here. So what is a hit with your little ones and can be packed easily.

Also, any great finds you have found on board would be great.

Thanks.

We tried to grab an extra box of single serving breakfast cereal in the mornings and take it back to the room with us. Since it is in a sealed package it worked great if they got hungry off the ship as well. (Sigh... my kids are 8 and 11.. they don't outgrow the constant hunger..)

Uncrustables are wonderful, they are frozen peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with no crust. They come frozen and you unthaw them until they reach room temp or you can put them in a microwave for a quick zap. I'm planning on bring some on our cruise next month. Or at least for a snack for my DS (4) and DD (2) while waiting to board.

I struggled with the same issue when we traveled to California, but you might be surprised, many of the brands are the same! The packaging is slightly different and you might find sizes or flavours we don't get in Canada, but I found the snack aisle in Wal Mart looked the same!

I agree with the others that the single package dry cereals on board were exactly the same as what we have at home and in a convenient quantity. I did pack granola bars and got some dried fruit once in the US but I wouldn't consider these meal substitutes, rather emergency rations when we're running on empty :D In terms of snack foods, there is much more variety available in the US versus Canada, even Goldfish come in different flavours!

Depending on which line you're on, you may not need all that much snack food, as the buffet is often open and I know I could easily make a snack from the salad bar.

Uncrustables are wonderful, they are frozen peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with no crust. They come frozen and you unthaw them until they reach room temp or you can put them in a microwave for a quick zap. I'm planning on bring some on our cruise next month. Or at least for a snack for my DS (4) and DD (2) while waiting to board.

How would you keep these frozen?

When we go to Florida, we always get these hostess brand single serving coffee cakes. We don't have them in PA., at least in our area.

And what kid doesn't love pop-tarts (you didn't say it had to be a healthy snack:p)

We tried to grab an extra box of single serving breakfast cereal in the mornings and take it back to the room with us. Since it is in a sealed package it worked great if they got hungry off the ship as well. (Sigh... my kids are 8 and 11.. they don't outgrow the constant hunger..)

Trust me, it only gets worse when they become teenagers! :eek:

We take a pack of resealable food bags when we travel and carry stuff around with us, raisins, crackers, fruit etc. You won't be able to take food from Buffett off ship but for sea days etc it saved taking ds to a cafe or the buffet whenever he wanted something. I would have in mind an apple or banana snack but he would see the pizza...His behaviour was never great at Buffett to start with as it was all a bit too exciting for him.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.386891,1.436869

Archived