New to Princess

cruising3times

Our adult son wants to go on the Alaskan Cruise with us, if his friend can't join him, we were thinking about getting a cabin for 3. What kind of bed does the third person get? I know on Carnival, the sofa turns into a bed but I saw something on the boards that Princess does not have sofas in their rooms. Thank you for your help.

Our adult son wants to go on the Alaskan Cruise with us, if his friend can't join him, we were thinking about getting a cabin for 3. What kind of bed does the third person get? I know on Carnival, the sofa turns into a bed but I saw something on the boards that Princess does not have sofas in their rooms. Thank you for your help.

Princess has sofas in mini suites and full suites only. Other cabins that will accommodate a third person will have a bunk bed that either comes out of the wall or the ceiling.

A 3 berth cabin looks something like this. Either the bed folds down or recesses down from the ceiling. The cabin steward will either put it away during the day or you can keep it down.This is from the QM2, but most ships have the same set up.

qm2-cabin-standard-4-berth.jpg.33c4c59a6a0a6c47e28975335543a577.jpg

I recommend getting a mini suite to accommodate three adults in one cabin. The standard cabins will be very crowded for three adults. If you get a mini suite that sleeps four (many do) then you will have your choice of a convertible sofa bed or an upper bunk over the sofa bed for the third person to sleep on.

I've done three in an inside cabin and wouldn't recommend it. The upper berth wasn't very comfortable.

Well, we were just in a quad balcony cabin on the Caribbean Princess and I actually found the upper berth mattress to be quite comfortable... more so than the twin bed (maybe because it wasn't used as much...:) )

And yes, having four in a cabin was a bit cramped... once we got the bathroom schedule worked out it wasn't bad at all. It was nice having the Caribe balcony because that gave us a lot more room...

Thanks for all of your replies. Carnival also has those beds that pull down but we would just prefer a sofa bed. So my understanding is that the mini suite does have this. That will work.

Not only will the mini give you the sofa bed, but also a larger bathroom with a tub and two TV's. Enjoy!

Archived