Winter cruise suggestions???

brwnIgir1

I've only been on two cruises - one on Carnival and one on Royal Caribbean. I liked the Carnival better. Now I'm dreaming of booking another one and because the prices are better, I'm tempted to book for a winter cruise. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on a good itinerary where it will be warm at least most of the trip. If it isn't warm outside, how do you spend your time? I'm slightly concerned because it seems like there are so many bad reviews and comments about how the cruise lines have been cutting back and how the food and service aren't as good as in the past. Any comments?

I cruise very often in the winter - and I have found it to be very lovely and warm in the Caribbean (especially coming from Canada :D:D).

If you want to ensure warmer weather you may want to do a southern caribbean (like the Victory out of San Juan).

We have cruised twice in Dec, once in Feb. We went out of Mobile and New Orleans and it was cool on the first day at sea and the last day but once we got to Cozumel it was great.

This time we are going outof Miami to be a little farther down.

For a 7 day I would recommend Carnival Legend out of Tampa. Cozumel belize roatan and grand cayman. Been on that cruise twice just for roatan!!!

But if you have to fly anyway fly in the day before!!

I just booked my first December cruise and I am sailing out of New Orleans to Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Belize. I have been told that it is chilly during sail away but by the time you get to your ports it is in the mid-80s. So my best guess is anywhere south of the US and it will be warm enough for shorts!

We cruised the Carnival Triumph in 2008 the week after Thanksgiving (our favorite time to sail) which went to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Belize and Honduras.

In Belize we went to a Maya ruin, Altun Ha, it was a wonderful trip up the river, lunch, tour of the ruin and motorcoach back to ship. It was hot! Up in the 90's at least. But still had a great time.

This year sailing on the Carnival Victory Nov 27 out of San Juan, expecting warm, warm weather.

I just booked my first December cruise and I am sailing out of New Orleans to Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Belize. I have been told that it is chilly during sail away but by the time you get to your ports it is in the mid-80s. So my best guess is anywhere south of the US and it will be warm enough for shorts!

We went to Costa Maya and luckily discovered Maya Chan which is a day resort. It was an all day of lounging at the beach with drinks, lunch, kayaking, snorkeling and just great fun. I would go back to Costa Maya just to go to Maya Chan.

Last year in January my boyfriend and I cruised out of Miami and did a 5 night cruise to Cozumel and Roatan (via another cruise line). We loved it!!!! It was my boyfriends first cruise (my 2nd) and we are officially hooked on crusing in the winter months. It was VERY warm compared to the 6 inches of snow we left behind in Ohio! I'm not big on trying different types of food, so I cant speak much on that topic. We went zip-lining in Roatan and did a bar crawl in Cozumel. I layed out on the cruise ship every day (I wore bikinis and coverups!) except the first and last days since we were close to Miami - it was too cool on those days but we enjoyed ourselves on the ship those days instead.

We are booking another cruise this week on Carnival (7 day Mexican Riveria out of L.A.) for Feb. 5-12. We loved cruising in the winter as it was a great escape from the snowy Ohio weather.

Hope this helped :)

We have done alot of Dec. cruises and that is my favorite time, weather seems to most always be great in the Caribbean, we have not missed a port in Dec. yet! The clooser you get to Xmas the more kids there will be on the ship, early Dec.there are not many kids if that is a concern! No matter how you look at it, it is much better than being at work!

brwnIgirl,

It is a personal choice to where.

Cruising is really as life and love are also. .What we make of it.

Food being so very subjective is really a personal taste / choice..as you well know other places and do things a bit ..lets say different..

Choices are really not as well in Winter.. around Thanksgiving is the Best Price Basis usually as most children are in school..so to fill the ships hey reduce the price points.

Soon in the Greater NYC area Carnival is Home-Porting the MIRACLE which will alternate Ports - Of - Call from NYC,NY.

Flying in from your Capitol is easy as here we have quite a few Airports to choose from and Non-Stops are so much nicer than any layovers..eh..

So many choices... Carnival now has 101 Ships plying the Worlds Waters now..:cool:

I've only been on two cruises - one on Carnival and one on Royal Caribbean. I liked the Carnival better. Now I'm dreaming of booking another one and because the prices are better, I'm tempted to book for a winter cruise. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on a good itinerary where it will be warm at least most of the trip. If it isn't warm outside, how do you spend your time? I'm slightly concerned because it seems like there are so many bad reviews and comments about how the cruise lines have been cutting back and how the food and service aren't as good as in the past. Any comments?

We always book our cruise for the end of January through the first of March. NEVER book a spring break week. So, Jan and Feb are your best choices.

The Southern Caribbean out of San Juan is the best for weather. Warm with calm seas.

We did one out of Tampa about 4 years ago to Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel. Cold and rainy most of the week. (50-75 degrees) No 80 -90 degree temps like in the Southern Carib.

But.............any cruise is better than no cruise at all. :cool:

Need to clarify that the cooler temps on the Tampa cruise to the Western Caribbean is really not the norm. So...I don't want to scare you away from that. I loved the Cozumel port.

Archived