first timer in suite

hi just wondering about the extra benifits you get in a suite ? I have been reading there is a special check in line ? and robes? sounds great , :) any more?

It all depends on which ship you are on and what size suite. Jr. suits don't have everything that Grand, Owners and Royal suites have. Whatever the size you will not want anything less from now on. They are wonderful.

Hi Capecodmom....

Yes, there will always be a "suite checkin" line at the pier.

If you tender at any of the ports...you will be given a priority tender voucher...which will get you off the ship and onto a tender quickly.

Robes in suites...for you to use during the cruise. In the RS, the robes are brand new (still in package) and you get to take them home with you... :)

We had a JS on the Radiance last month and we had priority embarkation. We did not receive any special vouchers for our tender in Coco Cay that would get us off the ship faster....I don't know, maybe we had to ask for them? I asked our cabin attendant for robes on the first night of the cruise and they were waiting for us the next morning after breakfast :) We really enjoyed the JS.

For our next cruise I have booked a GS, so I'm now curious to see exactly how the service level will differ between the two. :rolleyes:

On the very last day of our Radiance cruise, while the cabin attendant was cleaning the Royal Suite that had been vacated........I asked if I could come in and see it for myself, he said "sure" so I went in to have a peek ;) The Royal is specatacular......just showed me how the "other half" lives and now I buy a lottery ticket religiously every week.....;)

I also buy my lottery tickets for every drawing. Unfortunately, we have to travel to Colorado to purchase them (no lottery here). I've been nagging because I didn't have one for this Wednesday.

I agree ckrobyn. I would love to travel in a GS or higher . . . I'm still working on DH to get him to agree to GS on our next cruise.

I also buy my lottery tickets for every drawing. Unfortunately, we have to ...travel to Colorado to purchase them (no lottery here). I've been nagging because I didn't have one for this Wednesday.

I agree ckrobyn. I would love to t...ravel in a GS or higher . . . I'm still working on DH to get him to agree to GS on our next cruise.

Kim,

I have to laugh......those that know me on these boards, KNOW that I basically had to hold a gun to my DH's head to get him on a cruise in the first place....now.....HE is the one that INSISTED we cruise again.....what he didn't count on was that his DW raised the bar a little higher and booked the GS! This goes to show that anything is possible! Keep hounding your DH....eventually you'll break him.......I did ;)

I loved reading your message. I practically had to put a gun to my DH's head. We are leaving Sunday on the Rhapsody. I asked him if he is excited, he said NO. I really want to cruise again, so I am nervous about this. Any tips, I would love for him to end up feeling the same way your husband does!!!

Elaine

I loved reading your message. I practically had to put a gun to my DH's head. We are leaving Sunday on the Rhapsody. I asked him if he is excited, he said NO. I really want to cruise again, so I am nervous about this. Any tips, I would love for him to end up feeling the same way your husband does!!!

Elaine

Hi Elaine :)

It's so true, I had to literally force my DH to go on our first cruise. He was coming up with every lame excuse in the book 1. seasickness 2. I'll be bored 3. It's too expensive 4. Seasickness again 5. Land vacations are best....and the list goes on.

In the months leading up to the cruise, I worked on him night and day...convincing him that the cruise was the right decision. The other factor was that it was a cruise to celebrate our 10th anniversary :)

I'm a bit surprised that your cruise is a few days away and he says he's not excited....but I don't think men show their anticpation in the same way women do :confused: You have to focus on the positive with him.....remind him of all the great things cruising has to offer, I'm sure you know what they are! I honestly didn't think that my DH would want to cruise again anytime soon....but he really shocked me when he insisted I book the Southern itinerary.....proof that miracles DO happen ;)

Hang in there, and have an outstanding cruise!

Robyn

OK, here's what I usually do when I find a great deal on a cruise...

I book it with my TA but don't let her send anything to the house so DH doesn't know about it. When he comes home after a really bad day from work, I kind of broach the subject, like, "man you've been working really hard. We should think about planning another vacation soon." And don't say anything else. If he bites, I say, what do you think about a southern caribbean (or whatever cruise I actually already have booked). If I got a really good deal (which I often do), I pretend I'm searching online for a cruise and say, hey look at this, we could do xxx cruise in xxx cabin for only xxx. It hasn't failed yet! Once he bites, I call TA and tell her she can take the "surprise for hubby" note off the file so they can send me the paperwork!!!

Getting anything larger than a JS, has been a little more difficult. While I love the balconies and eat breakfast out there at least half of the cruise, and like to come back to the cabin in the later afternoon, DH is all about experiencing all the activities on the ship and hasn't bitten yet on paying more for a cabin... until now. We are doing the Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale repo cruise on the Enchantment this fall and we have 4 sea days in a cooler climate. I had an aft JS all picked out, and he said, lets spend the extra money for an Owners Suite... An OS, I said, are you sure? Yep, we'll be in the cabin a lot watching the coast along the St. Lawrence seaway and since it will be cold the first few days, we'll be able to sit in the larger sitting area and watch the world go by... I couldn't believe it. After I booked it, a Grand Suite came available and would have saved us a chunk of money and asked him if he wanted to downgrade. He said, let me see the cabin lay outs... and said, no, he wants to stay in the Owners Suite. Wow, just when you think you have them figured out, they totally surprise you!

He assures me we will be back to a JS or even an ocean view for our next Caribbean cruise though... we'll see!!!!

Archived