Balcony Discounts

beachfanatic

From time to time there are certain discount programs open to all Captain Club members including:

Captains club coupons for certain cabins on certain future cruises - check Celebrity's website. These used to be hard copy coupons mailed with quarterly newsletters but I believe it is just online these days.

There is a standard Captain's Club perk which is a one category upgrade (in practice it is a one category discount taken at time of making a booking) which would discount one category on cabins below CC but only within the same class.

Occasionally there are broader perks such as a program last spring (I presume this is ended but don't know for certain) that offered on board credit for most future cruises. This was one of those new bookings only programs so the OP wouldn't qualify and it also was the type of OBC that could not be combined with other discounts or OBC.

Otherwise, as far as I know the only opportunity to purchase an upgrade is the pay the current price less what you've already actually paid for an existing booking. The current price could be a special discounted price if one is offered, but it can not be one offered for new bookings only.

I was booked on a 2C balcony for my Eclipse 10/30 sailing-it's a partially obstructed cabin and I booked it last year because the price was phenomenal. However, after completing another cruise, I realized at the end of this cruise I would have 9 credits towards becoming Elite and that if I could upgrade to a concierge class, I'd get 3 credits instead of 2 and be Elite for my june 2012 Alaska cruise.

I made final payment, waited several days and then called my trusty TA to see if she could work some miracles. At first she was told I'd have to pay over $500 more pp so we decided not to do it, but then miraculously, she got a call saying I could upgrade to a great 10th deck concierge C2 cabin for only $80pp more or to a C3 guarantee for the price I paid for the 2C. WELL--- as you can imagine, I happily jumped on the C2 for the $80pp more and my new cabin is midship, perfect for my limited walking abilities.

I'm not sure what prompted the change of heart--maybe my TA reminding them I paid double on my last cruise; maybe the fact the TA is one of their largest TA's, maybe the fact we have 2 more cruises booked!!! I don't know but I sure am happy.:p

Archived