1st Time Cruiser questions..room service....

robnz

I have been trying to read as much as I can on the boards and I seem to have a few questions.

Is room service free except for tips?

Is there food available all day or just at specific times?

Who is automatically tipped with your on board credit?

Do you give someone your bags when you board or before?

Someone mentioned door signs for your cabin doors?

Excursions in Cozumel?

We are cruising Carnival in december!!:)

Thank you in advance for all replys.

Room service is included in your fare, except for tips.

There is food somewhere...all day and night...

Tips cover your room attendant, waiter, ass't. waiter, and head waiter. Room service delivery people and porters are NOT included in the tips. Any drink you buy will have 15% added to the total as a tip. No additional is needed.

You don't need a sign for your door....do you put signs on your hotel room door??? I didn't think so!

Look up Cozumel online, or get a guidebook....or go to the "Port of Call" boards on this site! to get info!!!!

I have been trying to read as much as I can on the boards and I seem to have a few questions.

Is room service free except for tips? Yes, there should be a menu in your stateroom when you board

Is there food available all day or just at specific times? The two Carnival ships that I've sailed on both had pizza available 24/7; they also had soft serve ice cream and frozen yogurt (my personal fave), too

Who is automatically tipped with your on board credit? I don't remember this one right off hand, but I believe that your cabin steward is one of them. I think there are only three who will be covered by the gratuity that you pay up front.

Do you give someone your bags when you board or before? This is where we messed up on our first cruise! When you first enter the cruise terminal, there should be porters who will help you to get all of your luggage (with the exception of what you plan to carry on with you) and will see that it gets taken aboard and brought directly to the door of your stateroom. A quick tip would be for you to put something brightly colored around the handles of your luggage so that you can spot it quickly.

Someone mentioned door signs for your cabin doors? Some people will put something on their door just to be festive but it also helps them to spot their door easily. I, personally, haven't seen many who do this, but there have been a few. Sometimes people will do it if their celebrating a birthday, graduation, anniversary, etc.

Excursions in Cozumel? We love Cozumel! It's our favorite port. The last time we were there, we took a cab to Paradise Beach and spent the day. The kids (15 & 16 at the time) had a blast and there were also several other kids from the cruise there so they all had a great time together. You can find it online at http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com. This is a great thing to do if your budget is a little tight.

We are cruising Carnival in december!!:)

Thank you in advance for all replys.

What ship will you be sailing on? We've been on the Fantasy and Triumph. Loved them both and would love to be on one right now!

Thank you for the info. How much did a cab cost to paradise beach it looks like a lot of fun (Ive read stories about cab drivers trying to take too much money) Also is it really croweded? Are you able to get chairs?

We will be cruising on Paradise. We got a great deal!! Thought we would do this for Christmas instead of all the unnessesary gifts!! Spending time together is what matters most. Time goes by too fast!! My oldest is in her second year of college so I want to be with her as much as possible!! Thanks again any other tips you have would greatly be appreciated.

I don't remember exactly how much the fare was for the taxi but it was posted where we got in. I would certainly confirm before you leave just to be sure. Someone else may be able to give you that amount but it's been almost a year and I don't remember. It wasn't bad, I do remember that.

We were at Paradise Beach in late September last year and it wasn't crowded at all. There were plenty of people but we had no trouble getting a couple of chairs and a locker to put our other stuff in, as well. I think the chairs are $2 each. At one point there was no cost but then they began having trouble with people just coming in and hanging out all day and tying up the chairs so they went with a nominal fee.

We've considered doing a cruise for Christmas but so far, the kids haven't wanted to do so. Y'all have fun!

Archived