Millenium Advice - Spring Break

odiesam

DH and I, as new Empty Nesters - are looking to cruise by ourselves for the first time on the Celebrity Millenium 5 day spring break cruise. DH is a teacher so that is the only time we can go. I am a little concerned as to the condition of this ship since it is over 10 yrs old and is headed to dry dock shortly after we cruise. Should I be concerned? We have never sailed Celebrity but are not that loyal to the other lines we have sailed (RCCL, Carnival, Princess, HAL). If the price is right and we can get some sun we are happy. I do like a decent room though (clean, no mold and sewage smells). Are the inside cabins going to be in worse shape than the balconies? We are considering an inside on one of the higher decks as to be closer to the pool etc. Any recommendation for a quiet inside cabin on a higher deck? Any recent Millenium cruisers care to share on the shape of the ship and their cabins?

Thanks!

DH and I, as new Empty Nesters - are looking to cruise by ourselves for the first time on the Celebrity Millenium 5 day spring break cruise. DH is a teacher so that is the only time we can go. I am a little concerned as to the condition of this ship since it is over 10 yrs old and is headed to dry dock shortly after we cruise. Should I be concerned? We have never sailed Celebrity but are not that loyal to the other lines we have sailed (RCCL, Carnival, Princess, HAL). If the price is right and we can get some sun we are happy. I do like a decent room though (clean, no mold and sewage smells). Are the inside cabins going to be in worse shape than the balconies? We are considering an inside on one of the higher decks as to be closer to the pool etc. Any recommendation for a quiet inside cabin on a higher deck? Any recent Millenium cruisers care to share on the shape of the ship and their cabins?

Thanks!

We were on Millie in Jan 2010 in a balcony cabin and then again in April in a Sky Suite - both were in fine shape - no complaints. The soft goods ( carpet, upholstery, drapes ) on the ship were replaced just two years ago!

You biggest problem will be that you are cruising at spring break time:) Don't worry about the cabins or Celebrity service.

I would worry more about finding a quiet place to sit around the pool.....but at spring break time, that's the norm for all cruise lines.

I also work for a school district and am locked into the school schedule for travel. We always choose a cabin that has a great balcony (generally the aft cabins on the M class ships) so that we can have our own space, an enjoyable area that is far removed from the large crowds. We also look for port intensive cruises and visit some of the less frequented beaches to avoid some of the spring break craziness. Whatever you decide to do, have a great trip!

Archived