When does the Upgrade Fairy notify you of an upgrade?

sherin65

That's great to hear, Rick!
D+ here Merion and have never even gotten close to an upgrade? Actually never think about it, to be honest. Who knows maybe thats the best way? Always do B2B cruises now for the most part, maybe that has something to do with it?//....K.O. near Philly :)

We were upgraded on our second cruise, and were NEVER notified. We checked in as usual, no one said anything to us at the pier. When our key didn't work in the cabin door, I was annoyed and marched down to customer service. They acted like I was an airhead and told me that I went to the wrong room, and they gave me a new room number (still didn't mention that it was an upgrade). Now I was really annoyed! Until we opened the door and saw that the "right" room was a GS (we had originally booked a D1). The window washing unit was outside our window, so being novice cruisers, we thought it was an obstructed view, until we came back from dinner and it was gone. lol We did have to go back to our "old" cabin to claim our luggage, but the stewards moved them for us.

I remember once asking at checking if any upgrades were available and was able to change from an outside to a superior balcony for around $200 for a 14 night cruise, not free but well worth the cost. Does anyone know if they still do portside upgrades.

I remember once asking at checking if any upgrades were available and was able to change from an outside to a superior balcony for around $200 for a 14 night cruise, not free but well worth the cost. Does anyone know if they still do portside upgrades.

probably if the ship isn't full..though lately, they all seem to sail full.....you can always hunt down the pier coordinator though and ask..

Archived