Ever take a cruise and get off only once or never?

flagger

Yes, I usually stay on the ship in Ensenada.

One of our best excursations was going to the Wineries thru Carnivial in Ensenada. We normaly either book local or explore on our own, but Ensenada did not have anything special going for it. The town is not really much to look at, a couple of big tourist bars are very popular.

Even if you are not really a wine person the country side was very different & we really enjoyed the entire time. One of the winerys still uses a real cave for ageing. Our guide was a very nice lady born & raised in Ensenada & proud of her hometown. Her english was better than mine, with no accent. It was one of the lowest priced excursations, think around $25 each, nice AC bus, 2 wineries with several tasting at each + a bottle of wine to take with you.

This picture is taken at one of the wineries

Am I the only one with my mind in the gutter this morning? I had to giggle at the post title.:D ;)

But to answer the question, I usually go into each port. although, in the future, I'd probably stay on ship in Freeport.

Don't feel bad , I thought the same thing.

My first responce was "Oh boy another Balcony Club thread *LOL*

Actually that one could be titled "Have you ever stayed on board and gotten off?"

I did three cruises that had three ports repeated--St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. I got off the ship at St. Thomas all three times, but not for too long--perhaps 2-3 hours maximum. San Juan the last time I was there I said NO I was tired, so I went to enjoy some time on Serenity deck while my two friends went off the ship for an hour or so. Grand Turk I get off each time--nice place except when you leave the cruise center...

Cozumel and Costa Maya for me are NOT ports I want to get off on. However, there is a shop or two that I know that has some items I want, so I will get off and quickly get what I want and get back on the ship. I also know that is a good port to get photos of the ship, so I'll do that too....

I cruise for the ship and the ports, but a few ports are not worth getting off the ship for too long.....I'd rather get back on the ship and enjoy a empty ship where I can get my choice of chairs by the pool or have no line at the waterslides *BG*

[quote name='starly94']I love to stay on the ship in Freeport! No lines for the waterslides or the grill!:D[/quote]

EEK!

you would prefer a waterslide or a grill to this????

[IMG]http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/4682/2564700700064948802S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='floodcasso2']On my next cruise I'm not getting off in [B]Belize[/B]. [/quote][COLOR=Black]I've always heard Belize (city) is awfully dumpy
but this is where you book a (ship's?) excursion that gets you out of the dumpy area
out into the beautiful surrounding country, and go see [I]something [/I]for the day or half-day.

There are ports of call where an organised trip is a definite consideration.
You didn't pay all that money to come all this way, to stay on the ship. :cool:

If it's a country/destination I'm likely to do again, or have done before
yes, staying on the ship is a possibility.

But for far-flung destinations
hey...pay the money for [COLOR=Indigo]one of the quicker cheaper shore excursions[/COLOR]
so you can say you did [I][B]some[/B]thing!

[COLOR=White].[/COLOR]
[/I][/COLOR]

Wow I see we are really the opposite of most people here. I always book the cruise with the most ports. Can't wait to get off the ship and stay off the entire day. We cruise for the ports, nothing on the ship, except sitting on our balcony has any interest to us (except making sure we have food). Guess we consider the ship our transportation.

[quote name='aplmac'][COLOR=Black]
You didn't pay all that money to come all this way, to stay on the ship.

[COLOR=White].[/COLOR]
[/I][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Red"][B]Says who? The Ship IS The destination... screw the ports for the most part... been there, done that[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

We have only been on two cruises, with no repeat ports, but I look at the ship more as a floating hotel to get us to wonderful, exotic places. I want to see and do whatever there is in each port we visit.

That being said, we may stay on the ship in Olbia when we go on our Breeze cruise as it is an industrial port with not much to do there. Plus, it is a long 12 day, port-intensive cruise.

We have friends in Nassau, so we get off.
I was dead tired when we got to Freeport, so I stayed on - even though I had planned an excursion (privately without pre-paying).
If I go to a new to me port, I'm getting off! Otherwise, I'll play it by ear.

Next stop Bermuda - I'll be off of the ship for 2 days & on the other. (Love the idea of overnighting in one port! No running to catch the ship or clock watching.)

[quote name='flagger']Has anyone ever taken a cruise and never gotten off the ship or only gotten off at a new port? We are doing just that next week and looking forward to it.[/quote]
Just did this on the Fantasy..........stayed onboard at both Nassau and Freeport..................enjoyed our floating(empty) hotel!!!!!

Archived