A few questions about Labadee please?

LYNNF

On the map of Labadee, it doesn't show that little swimmer at Adrenaline Beach, can you swim there? Which beach would be the best for 55-60 year olds (we don't mind waves).

Where is the lunch buffet actually held? Thanks for all your help.

Lynn

I don't know the names of the beaches but the closest beach to the pier was fine for my parents (60-70). Buffet is served at 2 locations and it was fine. We've been here 6 times and it's my favorite stop on the Western. My husband did the Roller coaster. Loved it. We both did the wave runner. Loved it. My sister did the zipline, loved it. Just a great, relaxing beach day for all.

Karen

Adrenaline Beach can be a little rocky in spots. Also, there is no shade there. If you walk around and head towards the right (past the vendors area) you will come to Columbus Cove Beach area. Really nice there, shade, nice sandy beach. I believe there is a BBQ station set up there, too. Our favorite spot.

I posted this on another thread but it fits your question also.... and we fit the ages too. When we got off the ship we waited for the 'shuttle' boat to go to the far 'Columbus Cove Beach'. It's a short walk from where the 'tender' drops you off. There are locals who will grab you a couple of lounge chairs and carry them to where you want. We let them know we wanted shade, and near the BBQ lunch area. Remember to bring tip $ and $ if you want to shop (we didn't). We had a great day. The water was lovely and the view of the ship across the bay was super. You can go back to the ship by tram or walk thru the vender area.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/travell...57626689033229

I was surprised at the "lack" of attention from the local Haitians compared to previous visits to Labadee. It's really been controlled and to be honest I think I spent more money (on Haitians not RCCL & by my choice). We were most "accosted" (dramatic use of word there) in Cozumel. Labadee is way up there as a favorite port for me.

Karen

And other than the Dragon flight line, all the adventure activities on this island, such as parasailing. water jet ski ... are run by the locals? How is the price to these activities compared to those on other island? Thanks

I thought they were reasonable/comparable. On the jet skis you do stop at 1 spot and some guys come out on canoes with good and you have the option to buy things OR you can take the stop as a moment to dive in and cool off. I didn't feel pressure to buy. (I did). We've jet skied at a few places on cruises and this felt the same. I'd recommend doing parasailing or zip line very 1st thing. We jet skied 1st and out parasail got canceled due to high winds that usually occur after noon. IF we had reversed the order we good have done both. Lesson learned. Still my favorite island. Unmolested by tourism.

Karen

I thought they were reasonable/comparable. On the jet skis you do stop at 1 spot and some guys come out on canoes with good and you have the option to buy things OR you can take the stop as a moment to dive in and cool off. I didn't feel pressure to buy. (I did). We've jet skied at a few places on cruises and this felt the same. I'd recommend doing parasailing or zip line very 1st thing. We jet skied 1st and out parasail got canceled due to high winds that usually occur after noon. IF we had reversed the order we good have done both. Lesson learned. Still my favorite island. Unmolested by tourism.

Karen

Thanks, Karen. Do you still remember how much for the parasailing and jet ski and how long for each one.

Thanks, Karen. Do you still remember how much for the parasailing and jet ski and how long for each one.

I just went in March- I should recall. Parasailing was around $100 (It was refunded when they canceled - so not sure how long) and I think the jet ski was ~$80- it lasted about 40 min, you go as fast as your slowest person (which may have been me!). I would plan 90 min. per excursion and even more for zipline. My husband thought the $30? roller coaster was a great deal. The zipline my sister did for around ?$100. You can watch that (&coaster) on Youtube.

We usually don't do more than 1 excursion per port, but we go into Haiti a lot on medical trips and wanted to send a loud message to RCCL that we will support tourism there. Our excursion in Cozumel was canceled too! Oh well- beats work!

Karen

Archived