1st solo cruise - should I feel guilty?

twospoiled

I am heading off to the airport in 9 days for my first solo cruise. I will be sailing on the Freedom of the Seas. I am leaving my DH, DD (9) and DS (6) at home. I am so excited for this cruise. I have been making great friends on my roll call and we have some plans together. I am starting to think that I should feel a little guilty leaving my family at home but I don't. Just to excited to get away from all the stress and have time to myself.

I am heading off to the airport in 9 days for my first solo cruise. I will be sailing on the Freedom of the Seas. I am leaving my DH, DD (9) and DS (6) at home. I am so excited for this cruise. I have been making great friends on my roll call and we have some plans together. I am starting to think that I should feel a little guilty leaving my family at home but I don't. Just to excited to get away from all the stress and have time to myself.

No guilt allowed!!! Have a great time!!! Solo cruises are the best too.

I'm going on my first solo cruise in 2 1/2 weeks...without DH, DS 8, DS 5, DD 3 and DS 16 months and I don't feel guilty at all! Well, the only thing I feel a little guilty about is DH having to use vacation days to watch the kids but my family will be watching the kids most of the week. I am SOOOO excited to have some time to myself. I plan on complete relaxation :) Have fun and don't feel guilty! :)

Howdy.

Put a different 'spin' on your guilt.

Think of yourself as 'their future travel adviser' and

you are 'simply doing travel research'.

Of course, take many pictures and give them a

complete 'virtual tour' of your cruise when you get home.

....and plan your second solo immediately.

Have fun.

:cool:

PS, I'd prefer to cruise with DW every time but the

school calendar and my calendar are different...so

we cruise together when possible but there's many

ports I want to see...and if I didn't do a solo now and then

..probably never get to them.

Thanks for all the support. I am VERY excited for this cruise! My DS is fine that I am leaving in 9 hours and 47 minutes (OMG!!!:D). My DD is having a little harder time. She is a very sensitive little girl. I told her that she'd be fine and that I would bring her back a present. She told me she didn't care about the present so I told I her then I would bring her back me. She smiled at that and said that that is all she wants. What a heartbreaker!

Absolutely not! Have a great cruise, but know that cruising alone is addicting.:)

Enjoy your 1st solo cruise. Just be warned that you are going to want more of them. Will be taking my 4th solo cruise in Oct and enjoy the "Me" time that it provides. It gives you a lot of freedom to do what you want and when.

Enjoy:):):)

As you already know, NCL Spirit is one great ship, isn't it? My favorite of all of them.

• 2 weeks later...

reading this post (and some of the replies from others who have cruised solo) is really making me feel better! i keep going back and forth about a (very spur of the moment) cruise i want to take...without my husband. i posted (on the wrong board--just discovered this one!) a question about whether it is 'strange' or not to cruise solo when you're NOT solo (i'm happily married--and my husband is happily employed, so he can't join me) and hearing everyone on here say 'go for it' just may have pushed me over the edge. going to go book my cruise now...i think?!?

i hope you had a GREAT time and that by now you are back at home with your newly-appreciative family!

reading this post (and some of the replies from others who have cruised solo) is really making me feel better! i keep going back and forth about a (very spur of the moment) cruise i want to take...without my husband. i posted (on the wrong board--just discovered this one!) a question about whether it is 'strange' or not to cruise solo when you're NOT solo (i'm happily married--and my husband is happily employed, so he can't join me) and hearing everyone on here say 'go for it' just may have pushed me over the edge. going to go book my cruise now...i think?!?

i hope you had a GREAT time and that by now you are back at home with your newly-appreciative family!

that's right ! Go for it.

Nothing odd at all. I'm an odd person but there is nothing odd about a solo cruise.

Elbodans, On my first cruise I was seated at a table of 10 with another solo gentleman and 8 ladies from Minnesota who were all married but travelling without their husbands. They told us that their husbands all go deer hunting so they decided that they would all get even and take a cruise without them. We had a blast, they were having so much fun. They varied in age from about 25 to 60 so they were a pretty diverse bunch.

elbodans

When are you taking your solo cruise? I'm actually thinking of taking my first and I'm happily married with 2 DD. (7&3). My hubby also cannot take the cruise because he is working. I'm REALLY nervous going by myself but hoping to have a wonderful time :)

Archived