Insurance Quote

Misty_Que

I am in the process of getting insurance quotes for our upcoming cruise vacation. We will be travelling for a total of 16 days because we are doing a B2B cruise along with 3 nights pre cruise in Fort Lauderdale. Our total incurred expenses is around $3000 per person.

I have gotten quotes from a few different places including insuremytrip.ca and I honestly didn't think it would be so expensive. After some review, the best plan and quote I have gotten is:

• $176 per person for the All Inclusive plan which includes $5 million medical along with trip cancellation/interupption and baggage.
  • $156 per person for the non-medical package

I should also mention that I am a multi-visceral transplant recipient but I have been stable for the past 3-4 years with no medication changes for the past year.

This same quote and plan was also offered to me by 2 seperate insurance agencies because it is recommended for transplant recipients.

We do have up to $1 million of medical coverage through my husbands work health plan. But with my complex medical history, I think I would feel more comfortable having a back-up plan. I just found his work plan to sound more basic. And for only $20 more, it's not going to break us.

So my question is: Is the quote I received above resonable? I am aware that if something were to happen then yes, it is well worth it. But I just wanted to make sure I am not overpaying.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

So my question is: Is the quote I received above reasonable? I am aware that if something were to happen then yes, it is well worth it. But I just wanted to make sure I am not overpaying.

If you're in your 30's it sounds high. If you're 50 to 70 or so it sounds about average. If you're over 70 it sounds darn cheap. That's assuming, of course that the coverage is adequate to your needs.

Just a thought, but your husband's medical may not cover you offshore. The insurance is cheaper than having to pay cash for a broken leg, bad cold, etc.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I already called them to see if they cover medivac or emergency transportation from a cruise ship but the lady couldn't answer my question. This is why I have already decided to just purchase the all inclusive plan with another provider seeing it is only $20 extra. I just find the prices I have been quoted a little steep.

I am in the process of getting insurance quotes for our upcoming cruise vacation. We will be travelling for a total of 16 days because we are doing a B2B cruise along with 3 nights pre cruise in Fort Lauderdale. Our total incurred expenses is around $3000 per person.

I have gotten quotes from a few different places including insuremytrip.ca and I honestly didn't think it would be so expensive. After some review, the best plan and quote I have gotten is:

• $176 per person for the All Inclusive plan which includes $5 million medical along with trip cancellation/interupption and baggage.
  • $156 per person for the non-medical package

I should also mention that I am a multi-visceral transplant recipient but I have been stable for the past 3-4 years with no medication changes for the past year.

This same quote and plan was also offered to me by 2 seperate insurance agencies because it is recommended for transplant recipients.

We do have up to $1 million of medical coverage through my husbands work health plan. But with my complex medical history, I think I would feel more comfortable having a back-up plan. I just found his work plan to sound more basic. And for only $20 more, it's not going to break us.

So my question is: Is the quote I received above resonable? I am aware that if something were to happen then yes, it is well worth it. But I just wanted to make sure I am not overpaying.

I am just bumping this up to see if anyone can provide me with their thoughts on the price I have been quoted.

I am 33 and my husband is 40. We are from Canada and this policy is from a Canadian Insurance broker. The name of the policy is Freedom Travel Insurance.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hi i would try your national auto club for insurance,over here in ireland its the cheapest,130 euro for a years multi trip with all the bells and whistles, hope this helps. John

With our Auto club you have to book the trip through them in order to qualify for insurance. I booked through another agency.

I am just bumping this up to see if anyone can provide me with their thoughts on the price I have been quoted.

I am 33 and my husband is 40. We are from Canada and this policy is from a Canadian Insurance broker. The name of the policy is Freedom Travel Insurance.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I'm not really understanding what you're looking for. If they cover everything you need covered then they're fairly priced. If they don't, they're not. Can you find plans that cost less? Probably. Can you find plans that cost more? Sure. But that has nothing to do with the value of what you're buying -- only you can determine that.

Archived