Pan Pacific or Four Seasons pre cruise

cruisealex

I'm being offered a choice of these hotels for one night pre Alaska cruise in Vancouver next summer. How easy is the transfer from the rail line to hotel - and from hotel to cruise ship please.

Also - is a harbour view a must do? - what is the view in other directions?

Thanks for your help and comments

I'm being offered a choice of these hotels for one night pre Alaska cruise in Vancouver next summer. How easy is the transfer from the rail line to hotel - and from hotel to cruise ship please.

To the cruise terminal (assuming Canada Place) from hotel , the Pan Pacific wins, given the cruise terminal is in the same building (just ride the elevator down to P1 and voila! cruise terminal).

From the train to the hotel, it depends which train you're talking about. From Amtrak, either with be a $10-12 taxi fare (you could take the Skytrain but 2@2.50/ea) it starts to get into the hardly worth it category. For Skytrain from the airport; the Four Seasons is one block from City Centre Station, and the Pan Pacific is three blocks from Waterfront Station (use the Granville st exit off the platform at Waterfront)

It would depend entirely upon which rail line you are speaking of. The Canada Line (mainly subway) from the airport will put you about 2.5 blocks from the Pan Pacific which forms part of Canada Place....the Pan Pacific will transfer your luggage from your room to the pier. The Four Seasons is just a little more than a block from the Vancouver Centre station and also is a great hotel...you would have a cab fare from hotel to Canada Place of less then $10 incl tip. Views, it has been a view years since I have been in a room in the Four Seasons and would expect that most of the view has has been obscured by new buildings. The Pan Pacific would win the view contest. the rooms, I would be wanting something that faced north or north west for the best view.

If you are referring to rail as in train you will be about a $12 cab ride to either hotel or you can take SkyTrain. When using either the Canada Line or SkyTrain you do need to be able handle all of your own luggage.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a local who has stayed in both hotels...they are both very nice but the Pan Pacific wins hands down in my opinion. It is a wonderful hotel in a great location for Cruisers.

Plus only a 3 block walk to Gastown and lots of restuarants & souvenir shopping as well as sightseeing. The HOHO bus stops right in front of the Pan Paciifc

Archived