Picture CD $199

joa09ofl

I am thinking about purchasing the Pic cd for my upcoming Allure of the Seas cruise on Oct.2nd ...There will be four of us in 2 separate cabins. If i purchase one cd how will that work if I want the picture taken of family members that are under different reservation? Do they ask for a seacard each time they do pics? Or can we add these pics to our cd at the end?

Thanks for the help

No clue but for $200 you can buy a decent camera with a self-timer on it. Other cruisers are also pretty generous and will snap photos of your group for you. Personally, I wouldn't spend that much on photos unless it was a very special event.

They use a facial recognition software so you will get all the pictures that you are in. My wife and I have gotten the cd on both of our cruises. It depends on how many pictures you get taken to see if it is worth it. On our first cruise, a 14 day southern Caribbean, we paid $240 for the cd, but we had over 330 pictures taken. We had our pictures taken every night at all the spots they had available. On formal nights, they usually have 5 different backgrounds and they take between 4 and 8 pictures at each one.

Our second cruise, a 7 night western Caribbean, we paid I think around $170 and got around 100 pictures taken. They usually have a sale on day during the cruise when you can get the cd for cheaper, which is what we did.

We don't get a chance to dress up that often so we take advantage of it on the cruise. Considering they charge $20 for 1 picture, we think it is worth it to us to get the cd.

On our first few cruises, we spent a ridiculous amount on photos, CD's. We now take our camera, take our own phots and my daughter puts them on a CD with music in the background and the dates, where we were, etc. She took a hint from someone on the Boards here, and has a photo of the Cruise Compass that "introduces" each day on the cruise. So much more can be done when you do your own. Everyone sends their photos to her via e-mail or on a flash-drive. We are able to have the wacky photos of everyone in a huge sombrero, or sitting ontop a rock with the sea in the background, beautiful photos of each island, along with everyone on formal night. She burns one for everyone and it's a great post-cruise party. We play the CD for everyone, have a few margaritas and try to get over the depression that sinks in when the long awaited cruise is OVER :(...It's easy and cheap and includes all the goofy and unique experiences we all had when the ship photographer wasn't around.

Hi,

I asked about the CD last week here on CC and was told that the CD would only be of people in the room that paid for it. Not sure how they make the difference if you appear in someone's else pics, but there ya go. Oh and expect more people not answering your question and telling you you're nuts for paying for pics.

To answer your question partially, my parents were in a different cabin number and there were pictures of them in the dining room, at the same table but not in the same photo as me. Those pictures were included on my cd.

I bought the cd plus 15 prints included for 299$.

If you decide to get the cd, make sure to get your moneys worth by grabbing the photographer every chance you get!

i was curious about where the photographers are located around the ship. are most of the photos posed pictures with different backdrops? I feel like I saw somewhere that ship photographers also take pictures at the flow rider and other spots on the ship, but I can't remember where I read that...

If you enjoy photos, than the CD sounds like a good idea.

Is this new? we bought the photo CD at Disney when we went last year but did not realize that it is being offered on any of the cruises. We felt it was worth every penny.

Thanks for the heads up. I love photos scrapbooking and looking at the photos on cruises is esp. fun.

i was curious about where the photographers are located around the ship. are most of the photos posed pictures with different backdrops? I feel like I saw somewhere that ship photographers also take pictures at the flow rider and other spots on the ship, but I can't remember where I read that...

There is usually 1 near the entrance to each dining room and 1 down by the photo shop area. On formal nights, they usually add a few more, usually by the main stairway to the promenade and by one of the bars.

The photos taken when you get off the ship in each port are also included. The thing you have to remember with those is, that the border is not included in the photo on the cd. If you want a picture with the border around it, you must buy that one.

I called Royal Caribbean about the pictures and 2 seperate cabins as my family and I are in adjoining cabins and I wanted to get the photo cd but wanted to make sure what I was paying for. This is what I was told: the photo cd is for the the cabin you are in, unless the adjoining cabin occupants are all under 19, have the same last name, and then it's included.

Hope this helps. I pay way more having a formal photo shoot for family pictures here in Lincoln so $199 for unlimited pictures, in my opinion, is a great deal! ;)

If anyone in the room paying for the package is in the picture, it will show up in your file. We had one of another family in ours-my husband was in the background, so the facial recognition program picked it up. We were able to remove it from our pics.

We were on our honeymoon and got the package. We ended up with 102 photos. I felt like it was worth it.

So, I guess a "smart" thing to do is have your picture taken with all your new "friends" that you make on the cruise. That way you will have many lasting memories and something to refer to later when the names sound familiar and you need a picture to remember the faces! I may check into this for our upcoming LOST cruise.........................;)

Archived