Just home from Oasis, if anyone has any questions

Ginnyfyr

We got in about 2 hours ago from our week on the Oasis...I can't even believe that this morning we were having coffee on our balcony in warm Ft. Lauderdale and now I'm wearing track pants and socks in chilly Ontario, Canada! I'll get around to a review eventually (I hope!) but if anyone has any questions, I'm happy to answer them!

We had an oceanview balcony at the end of the hump, #7190. Loved the room. Great location - very close to stairs; Central Park was one flight of stairs up and the royal promenade (5th deck) just two flights down. We both felt the room was pretty spacious, though I do think they could do with a few more drawers in there (only three drawers, one of which holds the hairdryer).

Our itinerary was flipped thanks to Hurricane/TS Maria, so we originally should have been in Nassau from 7am-3pm on Sunday (Sept 11th) but ended up there on the Friday (16th) from 1-7pm.

Any idea what movies were playing in the 3D theatre? We'll be sailing a week from today and My 4yo was hoping to see Kung Fu Panda 2.

Also, who was your headliner this week?

Thanks,

LOL, I didn't even know they had a 3D theatre! I definitely saw KFP2 listed on the cruise compass last week so hopefully they're still showing it when you sail!

I believe the headliner show was a Beatles tribute group (that's the one show we didn't see). We met a few people who saw it and said it was great...not sure if this is something that changes up every week or so? All of the entertainment shows we saw (Come Fly With Me, Oasis of Dreams, skating show & comedy club) were outstanding - best entertainment we have ever seen on any cruise we've done.

I would love to read your review! What were the movies playing on the cabin TV? Did you dine at 150 Central Park?(if so, what was on the menu?)

150 Central Park was the one specialty restaurant we didn't do...sorry! We ate at Izumi and Chops, which were both amazing. Also tried Giovanni's Table which was a less than stellar experience for us. As for the cabin movies, they showed the Facebook movie a lot (Social Network) and I'm pretty sure The Tourist with Angelina Jolie & Johnny Depp was on that channel too. They also showed one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies in the On Air bar but I'm not sure if it was the most recent one.

Welcome home to the big chill. I hope you had a great time. We did when we sailed her.

LOL, thanks! It feels like winter, haha...probably shouldn't have flown home in shorts/tank top/flip flops. Now that the sun has gone down it really feels cold...I think the little bit of colour I brought home has already disappeared! :p

Any pictures of your cabin and balcony? We are at the beginning of the hump when we go in 2 weeks. Can't wait! :D

I'm uploading some room pics to Photobucket right now...then I just have to figure out how to insert them in a reasonable size on here; that part could take a while :confused:

Any pictures of your cabin and balcony? We are at the beginning of the hump when we go in 2 weeks. Can't wait! :D

That's funny- I was going to ask the exact same thing :). We are on Allure on 10/2 and have cabin 8190. I believe the balcony is slightly larger than the other D5's, but have never been able to find a photo of one!!

Ginnyfyr- glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise and look forward to your pictures :)

Did you pre-book your shows or book them on-board? Either way, did you get your choices? I am booked on the Oasis for January 2013 and booked in 7590...directly across from you on the other side...could you see straight down or was view obstructed?

Thanks for the pictures of the stateroom and Happy Anniversary!!

Thanks for all the pictures. Do you have any of your balcony. I also choose our cabin (11190) because it looked larger than the other D5's. Love the decorations. We just celebrated #33.

I cropped this one out of a random room shot...I didn't even think to take any that showed the balcony more clearly! It was a fairly deep balcony with plenty of room....we really enjoyed it.

026-2.jpg

Please tell us more! Did you eat in the solarium? Go to the spa? Is so, what treatment did you have and was the price reduced from the brochure price? Thanks in advance!

We didn't go to the spa at all so I can't comment on their pricing. They did have some decent looking specials on port days - I know one day they had 4 treatments for $99, which included a facial, foot rub, scalp massage and back/neck massage.

We had lunch a few times in the solarium. I liked their salad bar much better than the one in Park Cafe - much better toppings to add (i.e chickpeas, spinach/different lettuces). The food was good and the selection varied each day, but we both found it was way too warm to eat in the inside part where you actually get your food. Even with fans on it was sweltering. Much nicer to find a shady spot in the breeze outside!

Thanks for sharing! Did you happen to use the Internet Cafe? Where is it located on the ship? I have looked at every deck plan and can't locate it!!!

We didn't use it, but I believe it was on deck 9. There was a sign on the wall in the lobby of deck 9 when you come off the stairs indicating you could sign up for wifi/internet packages with an arrow pointing toward the middle of that deck, so I would assume that's where it was.

Did you pre-book your shows or book them on-board? Either way, did you get your choices? I am booked on the Oasis for January 2013 and booked in 7590...directly across from you on the other side...could you see straight down or was view obstructed?

Thanks for the pictures of the stateroom and Happy Anniversary!!

We pre-booked all our shows online and I would highly recommend doing that as the lineups were reaaaalllly long for those without reservations! We did get all the times we wanted; we saw most shows after 8:30. Our reservation for Oasis of Dreams got bumped by one night due to high winds so we had to move our reservation for Giovanni's Table, but they were very accommodating.

We did have an obstructed view if we looked straight down from our balcony - we had a lovely view of the top of a lifeboat, lol.

Oh, and thank you for the anniversary wishes! :)

Edited by Ginnyfyr
Early morning = bad spelling on my part :)

hi

I was wanting to know if you noticed if they had beer coolers deals on your sailing . We are on the oasis on Oct29 Th .....geting closer got doc's and luggages tag yesterday . We are on deck 7 ...7306 can't wait Happy anniversary :) thanks Pam

Edited by vacationpam

hi

I was wanting to know if you noticed if they had beer coolers deals on your sailing . We are on the oasis on Oct29 Th .....geting closer got doc's and luggages tag yesterday . We are on deck 7 ...7306 can't wait Happy anniversary :) thanks Pam

Thank you Pam! I did see people walking around with those refillable coolers. I want to say they were $38.95 for the inital purchase...pretty sure I saw that on a sign at the bar. Unfortunately I'm not sure how many beers came with the cooler or if you got a break on refills, but the coolers were definitely available.